Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help With Moms Sleepyhead Report
RE: Help With Moms Sleepyhead Report
(05-29-2018, 09:38 AM)silversnore Wrote: Snore and flow limit do not seem to be available options, I have tried and they are not there, this is not an auto machine

Can you post the graph so that the top of the left column, with the AHI and machine type are posted? You indicated before this is a S9 VPAP COPD model. Did you download the clinician manual for this machine? We might want to zoom in on the respiratory flow line. The default Ti Max on the S9 is only 1.00 which may be withdrawing IPAP pressure too soon. It might be interesting to increase to 1.20.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    here is the modified screenshot, hope it is correct.  I do have the clinical manual.  I will post newest screenshot when mom wakes up, thank you for taking the time to help with these

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6280] last nights results, pressures adjusted to 7.6 and 11.6, no pressure support on this machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you increase the TiMax? I really think the machine is cutting off her inhales at the default 1-second, and I'm certain she needs more time. I suggested a conservative 1.2, but I could justify 1.5 seconds. Just look at how the inspiratory time graph is decapitated at 1.0. Compare that to your own.

I think we need to zoom into the UA event cluster and try to decide if we're dealing with obstructive or central events. The increase in pressure support (the difference between IPAP and EPAP) has decreased hypopnea. If the UA cluster is obstructive, I have to assume a positional issue. If it is central, then the increased PS may have contributed. She seemed to do better with lower EPAP pressure and less PS, so return EPAP to 7.0 and IPAP at 9.4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6309] Does not seem to be centrals, mom sleeps on her back with three pillows, probably not the best position.   She has gerd and reluctant to change.  Thanks Sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
The three pillows explains the positional apnea. It forces her chin into her chest, and those events are likely obstructive and positional. Whether pressure can overcome the restriction is kind of academic. The best thing to do is to fit her with a soft c-collar and take away a couple pillows...or accept that she will have clusters of OA due to her preference for elevating her head. It's mom, she's the boss. This habit may not be easy to break.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,397 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 482 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.