Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help With Moms Sleepyhead Report
Help With Moms Sleepyhead Report
Hi All,

My mother has been on cpap for several months.  Unfortunately, my mother was given a brick with no SD card so no prior data.  She also has severe COPD.  I was able to find and buy a S9 Copd bi=level machine and she used it for the first time last night.  I have attached her screen shot, could not find the snore graph, what do you guys recommend, certainly room for improvement.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help With Moms Sleepyhead Report
You only get the snore graph in Auto Mode.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Siloversnore, I see you have set the machine in a fixed pressure mode with EPAP = 5 and IPAP = 10. I suspect the EPAP is too low to maintain a patent airway while she's exhaling. The clusters of apneas and hypopneas might also have a positional component (ie sleeping on her back or tucking the chin down). However I'm not familiar with the details of this machine so I won't venture any further advice. Except to say it would help us if you could reformat the #SleepyHead output in accordance with the guidelines at the link below. This will provide the most relevant data and allow other members to provided more targeted advice.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DeepBreathing, I have organized the chart as close as I can to the guidelines, is there something that I need to re-arrange?
Post Reply Post Reply
What were the settings on CPAP?  We will assume that the UA are obstructive apnea, and according to the protocol below, we start increasing EPAP and IPAP to control OA/UA.  It would help to include the snores chart.   If you have an auto mode, I would set EPAP min to 6.0 and EPAP max to 10.0 and maintain PS 4 or 5.  Overall this session looks okay other than the relatively high obstructive AHI and should be easy to resolve.  How is her comfort on bilevel?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6209]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is a fixed pressure machine, bi-level s.  Her previous pressures, was fixed at 9 with epr of 2cm.  Her history looks good as per her ahi at those levels.  The Copd machine comes preset with values optimum for COPD, I think you guys are right to raise the epap.  She sleeps on her back with three pillows, will raise the epap to 7 tonight and see if i can wrestle some pillows away, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6226]Here is mom's 2nd night with epap 7 and ipap 10, what do you guys recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
Increase PS to 4. You should be using EPAP 7.6, IPAP 11.6. This should further limit UA obstructive events and help with the hypopnea.

Please format future graphs with Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Snores, Flow limits
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snore and flow limit do not seem to be available options, I have tried and they are not there, this is not an auto machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess it's not included on a fixed Bipap. Normally Machines will raise pressures in response to snores and flow limitations. Since yours isn't auto there's no need for it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.