Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help analysing OSCAR data
Help analysing OSCAR data
How does this look?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Help analysing OSCAR data
Not bad, but I'd like to see you with a lower AHI.

Post an OSCAR Daily Chart (see the organize link in my signature) This will help us to help you more than anything else and let us see what is going on.
A redacted copy of your sleep studies will also help. A full copy, not just the summaries.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here's a daily.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see 2 changes, Your obstructive events are somewhat clustered, any more and I'd say to use a cervical collar (see my signature) any less and I'd say let's watch it. Clustering indicated chin tucking.
Most of your events are hypopneas, if possible (it isn't) I would have you increase pressure support, so instead increase your min pressure try by 1. Then repost
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Are there any devices that support increase pressure support?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are looking for a machine with more pressure support I would suggest getting a Resmed Aircurve VAuto
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed with it's EPR does this up to 3 cmw. EPR is the equivalent of Flex on your machine, but the implementation is different and as such acts as up to 3cmw of Pressure Support.
ResMed AutoSet is the equivalent of your Dreamstation and has this feature.
Any BiLevel / BiPap can go much higher Pressure Support.  I like the ResMed VAuto.
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
What's the difference between pressure support and increasing the minimum pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure Support is the difference between exhale and inhale pressure. IPAP = EPAP + PS

Min pressure is simply the lowest pressure you machine will use. It is not a difference in pressure.
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
I have flex already set to 3, are you saying ideally a higher number would be better?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me to understand OSCAR data DotLove 92 1,841 10-21-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Data Help LEEMH 7 162 10-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Last Post: LEEMH
  Help understanding Oscar Data tonyt64 5 187 09-27-2020, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  OSCAR Data Review bukinnutz 6 238 09-25-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 25 515 09-25-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Looking for help with OSCAR data ellengourley 3 129 09-21-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Understanding OSCAR Data mmp5000 7 305 09-14-2020, 01:37 PM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.