Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help and Advice please
RE: Help and Advice please
(11-09-2014, 03:22 AM)Eurika Wrote: On the plus side I stopped smoking 50 cigs a day about 3 weeks ago, in fact even though my wife smokes I haven't touched one for 3 weeks and have no intention of starting again, Im not going through the trauma of being addicted to nicotine ever again. Life starts at 60!!

Congratulations Eurika, on giving up the cancer sticks. I also gave up the bad habit 14 yrs ago and have never looked back. My wife gave up 6 months after I did. We now have an overseas holiday every year with the money we both save by not smoking. Yes we have put on a couple of kilos but the health benefits of not smoking far out weigh any negative effects of a few kilos of extra weight can have. Now with your apnea machine your life will start to turn around, you will be truly amazed. Persistence will pay off.

Chip

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Chip. You're absolutely correct I am feeling so much better already, started CPAP stopped smoking and thats my 60th birthday present to myself.
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2014, 04:49 AM)Eurika Wrote: Thanks Chip. You're absolutely correct I am feeling so much better already, started CPAP stopped smoking and thats my 60th birthday present to myself.

It is amazing the difference the machine makes. I returned my hire machine and had to wait 2 days till all my stuff arrived from the US. The 2 days without the machine I noticed things that had not happened since I had the hire machine. I will put that into my success story in a couple of weeks after I fine tune everything.
Keep persisting Eurika and Im sure with help and guidance from other members here I'm sure we will all live to a ripe old age.

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eurika,
CONGRATULATIONS! on stopping smoking.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, best of luck to you as you finetune your CPAP therapy and WELCOME! to the forum.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,546 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 329 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 466 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,031 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 188 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.