Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help downloading Data for Sleepyhead
Help downloading Data for Sleepyhead
I am recently diagnosed with sleep apnea (6/8/17) and got a my own ResMed AirSense 10 for Her CPAP/APAP machine on 6/28/17.  For a couple weeks before that, I was using my husbands old Fisher Paykel CPAP at the recommended 7cm pressure recommended based on sleep study (He figured out how to set pressure for me by going on-line, it was set for 15 I think for him).  Sleepyhead program loaded successfully on my computer but when I put SD card in AirSense and then in my computer (made sure to lock for read only before putting it in my computer), I only had summary data on the card, no graphs or wave forms.  There was note that said, "Please Note This day just contains summary data, only limited information is available ."  
Did I take the data card out too soon?  There was nothing on screen to let me know when download was finished so I just waited a bit then took it out.  If this was not the problem is there something else I need to do or something else blocking additional data download?  I am hooked up to DME provider by WiFi for insurance at this time so just wondering if there is some way they can block data from their end.  Thanks for any help on this.   Rachel  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help downloading Data for Sleepyhead
In order to record the waveform data, the SD card must be in the machine overnight. There's a lot of data to record, and the machine doesn't have enough storage internally to hold it all.

I generally leave the SD card in my machine all the time except when I'm transferring the data to my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not realize this.  Now I understand!!  So I guess all those prior dates are lost, only summary info available and I'll be starting from scratch tonight.  I'm a bit bummed about losing earlier data but that's the way it goes.  This would be good info to add to Sleepyhead info for starting up.  I don't think I'm alone in being new to this and guess with all this new technology having so much capability from the get-go, I didn't think about it having limited memory.  Looking forward to getting the full picture from this point forward!! 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
One more question.  What would you recommend as far as the gigabytes for data card?  I started with an 8GB card but I also have a 16GB and a 32GB card available.  If I'm going to start from scratch tonight, I may as well start with the right amount of memory.  I don't know that I'd want to save every day of data, and I will occasionally erase some days that don't show anything significant, but If I can leave card in for a couple weeks at a time as well as having prior data that I do want to keep on it that would be great. 
Eat-popcorn eating another gigabyte, and another gigabyte, and another,
How many gigabytes does it take to get through a month of sleep??
Post Reply Post Reply
Even a 2GB card can hold a lot of data.
I use a 2GB card on my Phillips Respironics and it has been over 2 years and not full yet.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems PR machines use comparatively little storage over time.
My original 2GB card lasted nearly a year and a half in my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Now I use an 8GB card because that was the smallest I could get.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rpenguin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The SD card in my Resmed S9AutoSet is a 2-gig, but your 8-gig SD card should be ok, I’m not sure you can still get 2-gig cards.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all on info on downloading info for sleepyhead and saving to memory card.  I'm glad my 8GB card will continue to work!  I don't think I'll be looking at data until a couple weeks from now as I have a busy week and then up to Michigan to visit with my mom.  Hopefully sometime soon I will have a chance to share a bit of my data.  So far all has been going well with CPAP.  I've gone from severe sleep apnea AHI of 66 in sleep study to below 1.  (I'm getting nightly scores like 0.8, 0.3, 0.5, etc.).  I have not had a night with any episodes of apnea since CPAP.  My husband is a very happy camper since I'm not snoring any more, not that it really kept him up as he was used to it. He also has sleep apnea and has been on BiPap for over 7 years so this has been a lot easier for me since I have a CPAP companion.  He's just not interested in investigating his sleep apnea further, he just wants to put on his mask and go to sleep.  I on the other hand want to know more about what's going on.  So I'm glad I found this group and I can find out more about sleep apnea.  So thanks again to everyone and glad to be here!!   
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR not downloading Happyeyes 8 321 01-30-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 560 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.