Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: respironics comfort classic
Humidifier: remstar ds6 hflg
CPAP Pressure: 13.5
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Pacemaker, dvt, diabetes 2, copd

Sex: Male

Help finding discontinued maskI
I am trying to find a new or used mask. It is a respironics contour nasal mask model no. 302180. I have been using this model for over 20 yrs and have tried other masks but they don't work as well for me. It has been discontinued and I need one soon [section removed]. Thanks very much!

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be sold, traded or offered on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.
-----
12-03-2014 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Help finding discontinued maskI
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List

From Supplier #1
1- Reusable Contour Nasal CPAP Mask WITHOUT Headgear $49.99 (Manufactured by Philips Respironics)
1- [Image: respironics-reusable-contour-nasal-cpap-mask-frame-front.jpg] 2- [Image: simplestrap-headgear-back-cpapdotcom.jpg] 3- [Image: whisper-swivel-ii-exhalation-port-cpapdotcom.jpg]

The Respironics Reusable Silicon Contour mask is an older design that has worked well for many patients. We sell it primarily as a replacement for those who have had good results with it. This mask is provided without headgear. Respironics SimpleStrap Headgear, part number 302328, fits this mask. You will also need a Whisper Swivel, part number 332113, to use this mask.

2- SimpleStrap Headgear, Blue $22.50
3- Whisper Swivel II Exhalation Port $21.49
12-03-2014 02:57 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

For the record, a mask is a prescription item. Asking to purchase, sell, or trade a prescription item is not allowed on this forum.

Because your situation is unique, I will not close this thread. Instead, I will modify your original post and remove the parts about wanting someone's mask.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-03-2014 03:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

you might look into the Respironics Prolife lite nasal mask. Its also a non replaceable cushion mask very similiar to that your old mask.

It can also be boiled 4 min put in cool water for 4 seconds and molded to your faces contours though you dont have to do that.

And its still available . I have a used one that I use sometimes even though its a size to small for me and have excellent results with it.
12-03-2014 09:32 PM
papaw Offline

Members

Machine: remstar p 560

Thanks for the info Ghost, I checked Supplier #1 for a contour nasal again and the child size is the only one they have. I found a prolife lite and will try it tonight. Thanks again!!
12-04-2014 05:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

(12-04-2014 05:07 PM)papaw Wrote:  Thanks for the info Ghost, I checked Supplier #1 for a contour nasal again and the child size is the only one they have. I found a prolife lite and will try it tonight. Thanks again!!

Np let us know how you like it compared to the older style mask you hadSmile
12-04-2014 05:22 PM
papaw Offline

Members

Machine: remstar p 560

I tried the profile lite last night for about an hour and it just did not work. It leaked bad around the bottom of the mask. I used a comfort classic the rest of the night. It is a medium and seems to smother me around my nostrils so I have a large on the way to see if it will help. Sure wish I had bought several contour nasal masks before they stopped making them. Having problems with my pacemaker and afib and also this cpap stuff is no fun for this old man. " Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays"
12-05-2014 11:29 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Pappaw try boiling the mask for 4 minutes. Then put it in cold water for 4 seconds. Take it out and press it to your face in the position you wear it in. It has a inner core that will mold to the shape of your face at the bottom side and top.

The one I have is at least a couple of years old as it was given to me by a lady who wouldnt use her machine when given it several years ago.

Its a small which is a size or two to small for me in that mask but it works great for me even over a thick mustache leak wise.

Small tip. The top doesnt have to touch your forehead. Mine never does. That inner flap will stop any top leaks with practically no tension. What will happen though at least with mine is if you over tighten the top straps it will lever the bottom of the mask away from your face and cause leaks. the bottom straps are the important ones in that mask not the top ones. Top straps can be very loose and actually it works better when they are.
12-05-2014 10:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad Help Finding A Machine, No Insurance SJGino 23 814 11-17-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: SJGino
Question [Treatment] Scared 25y/o Newbie With needs Advice finding New Mask ebcaraway 6 497 06-22-2016 06:38 AM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again
  [Pressure] Finding the right Pressure SeriousJoker 29 1,753 06-04-2016 11:00 AM
Last Post: SeriousJoker
  need help finding right mask monikah123 11 724 04-27-2016 08:18 AM
Last Post: BKeeper
  New User: Finding the Perfect Fit for Nasal Pillows NovaSleep 2 484 04-07-2016 12:44 PM
Last Post: sdb7802
  Finding the right mask parkerdt 21 2,588 06-06-2015 11:28 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  PurSome Ruby Red Chin Strap by Care Fusion discontinued? Lukie 18 4,519 03-26-2015 07:29 PM
Last Post: retired_guy