Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help finding discontinued maskI
Help finding discontinued maskI
I am trying to find a new or used mask. It is a respironics contour nasal mask model no. 302180. I have been using this model for over 20 yrs and have tried other masks but they don't work as well for me. It has been discontinued and I need one soon [section removed]. Thanks very much!

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be sold, traded or offered on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help finding discontinued maskI
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

From Supplier #1
1- Reusable Contour Nasal CPAP Mask WITHOUT Headgear $49.99 (Manufactured by Philips Respironics)
1- [Image: respironics-reusable-contour-nasal-cpap-...-front.jpg] 2- [Image: simplestrap-headgear-back-cpapdotcom.jpg] 3- [Image: whisper-swivel-ii-exhalation-port-cpapdotcom.jpg]

The Respironics Reusable Silicon Contour mask is an older design that has worked well for many patients. We sell it primarily as a replacement for those who have had good results with it. This mask is provided without headgear. Respironics SimpleStrap Headgear, part number 302328, fits this mask. You will also need a Whisper Swivel, part number 332113, to use this mask.

2- SimpleStrap Headgear, Blue $22.50
3- Whisper Swivel II Exhalation Port $21.49
Post Reply Post Reply
For the record, a mask is a prescription item. Asking to purchase, sell, or trade a prescription item is not allowed on this forum.

Because your situation is unique, I will not close this thread. Instead, I will modify your original post and remove the parts about wanting someone's mask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
you might look into the Respironics Prolife lite nasal mask. Its also a non replaceable cushion mask very similiar to that your old mask.

It can also be boiled 4 min put in cool water for 4 seconds and molded to your faces contours though you dont have to do that.

And its still available . I have a used one that I use sometimes even though its a size to small for me and have excellent results with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info Ghost, I checked Supplier #1 for a contour nasal again and the child size is the only one they have. I found a prolife lite and will try it tonight. Thanks again!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2014, 05:07 PM)papaw Wrote: Thanks for the info Ghost, I checked Supplier #1 for a contour nasal again and the child size is the only one they have. I found a prolife lite and will try it tonight. Thanks again!!

Np let us know how you like it compared to the older style mask you hadSmile

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the profile lite last night for about an hour and it just did not work. It leaked bad around the bottom of the mask. I used a comfort classic the rest of the night. It is a medium and seems to smother me around my nostrils so I have a large on the way to see if it will help. Sure wish I had bought several contour nasal masks before they stopped making them. Having problems with my pacemaker and afib and also this cpap stuff is no fun for this old man. " Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays"
Post Reply Post Reply
Pappaw try boiling the mask for 4 minutes. Then put it in cold water for 4 seconds. Take it out and press it to your face in the position you wear it in. It has a inner core that will mold to the shape of your face at the bottom side and top.

The one I have is at least a couple of years old as it was given to me by a lady who wouldnt use her machine when given it several years ago.

Its a small which is a size or two to small for me in that mask but it works great for me even over a thick mustache leak wise.

Small tip. The top doesnt have to touch your forehead. Mine never does. That inner flap will stop any top leaks with practically no tension. What will happen though at least with mine is if you over tighten the top straps it will lever the bottom of the mask away from your face and cause leaks. the bottom straps are the important ones in that mask not the top ones. Top straps can be very loose and actually it works better when they are.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fitlife mask discontinued? Airbear737 5 1,654 12-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 591 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 661 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any recommendations for discontinued mask? Nancykimt 9 960 10-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Nancykimt
  [Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure. kidchameleon 57 4,968 07-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: kidchameleon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.