Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help for a new "very tired' CPAP user: questions about nasal masks (resmed)
RE: Help for a new "very tired' CPAP user: questions about nasal masks (resmed)
(09-17-2019, 08:57 AM)italyhound Wrote: Hi All -

So I ordered a p30i nasal pillow for the resmed headgear.  That sense of stronger airflow was instantly more comfortable for me (although can be better imho).  The problem I am having is that I swap positions from back to left side to right side.  While a looser strap setting is fine for back sleep, when I turn to my side it easily dislodges and I can hear the leaking.  So I need to tighten the straps to allow for side turning.  That however is causing discomfort for my nose and it's waking me up.  (The other thing that wakes me up is when the top of the vent hole hits the headboard it generates that hissing noise which wakes me too.).  The dislodging of the pillow when loose wakes me up too.

The adjustment of straps is one of the most important things with a mask. Too tight and you get the effect I highlighted and too loose and it leaks all over the place. You have to find a happy medium.

I have the P30i and what I really like is it's lack of leaking. It allows me to have a reasonably loose fit and avoids pressure on my nostrils. Getting it right took a bit of experimentation but it's now close to perfect.

One thing you should check with the P30i is whether you have the correct size of both mask and headgear. I believe that there is a template that comes with the mask that you can use. I fond that I needed a slightly bigger size compared to the Dreamwear.

In the board Wiki there is a mask primer which is well worth reading. I'll post the the link (I think I'm allowed to)

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help for a new "very tired' CPAP user: questions about nasal masks (resmed)
I had the same problem with the N30i seeming to restrict the air flow when inhaling.  I found that insuring the mask was pulled down fully positioned the nasal cushion a little below the nose and the openings in the cushion matched my nostrils and I did not have a feeling of the air flow being restricted.  Took some time adjusting the fit until it felt very comfortable.  I tried six different masks and find the N30i the least restrictive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 5 312 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 111 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 157 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,370 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  EPR questions juniper 5 192 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 174 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 220 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.