Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help getting a new machine
RE: Help getting a new machine
Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, after my first night using my new PAP machine (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her), despite having multiple arousals, I think my sleep was better overall. I will be posting my data as soon as I am off (still have 2 overnights to go at work). Two things already caught my attention however:

1. My settings were 8-14 mm Hg, EPR 3. After my first night of use I looked up at my stats using the machine interface, and it listed AHI = 0.9, Total AI = 0.9, Central Apnea = 0.9. It also listed the (titrated) pressure as 8.6 mm Hg (in contrast to my fixed prescribed pressure of 11 mm Hg). I thought that was a considerable difference in pressure.

2. I have had the same Airfit P10 nasal pillow for 1.5 years. I would clean it daily with lintless CPAP wipes [Commercial Link Removed] Search Amazon for,  90E20290-8335-4766-852A-256FD275ED94; and every 2-4 weeks with lukewarm water and dish soap. However, it wasn’t until yesterday that I decided to finally use my (new) spare P10 pillow. The amount of exhaust coming out of the new P10 was significantly more powerful and noticeable than in my old one. In fact, I re-tested my old one and to my horror, the exhaust draft was insignificant in comparison (and had been for a while, I just got used to not hearing the usually loud hissing sound). I started reading about clogged exhaust ports in P10 masks in this and other cpap forums and came across multiple reports. While the main cause is obvious (my stupidity), it may lend an explanation as to why I started experiencing multiple awakenings (15-20 plus a night) for the last 2 months. The issue had gotten worse over the last 3 weeks (temperatures have been low around here), which coincided with incidents of bad rainout in my hose (copious amounts despite taking precautions such as using fleece hose covers, etc). I am thinking the extra fluid may have increased the clogging. That would explain why, at times I kept feeling out of breath and had to take my mask off to breathe in fresh air (I tape my mouth). Something just felt off.

Again, I am sure the issue is multifactorial and that the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her will improve my sleep (hopefully) thanks to its many many features and data collecting capability, but I think I have to be more cognizant of other more obvious issues, like proper mask care.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Good observation on the P10 mask. Did you replace the whole frame, or just the nasal cushion? It is the frame that has the mesh exhaust vent, and it is suseptible to clogging when wet. Also, I think using a wipe cleaning method might just drive contamination into the pores. I would prefer to see a biweekly scrubbing rather than wiping of the mesh. It is the cushion that needs more frequent cleaning, and getting it soapy and rinsing seems to work well for that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced the whole frame, and yes, I have started suspecting that my precious wipes might be clogging the micropores as well Sad. I may have to start wiping only the nasal cushion (on a daily basis), and then just do a biweekly cleaning of the entire mask, with scrubbing for the exhaust vent. 
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion a soak in hydrogen peroxide is the best cleaning method for a P10 mesh. Rinse and if possible blow it out with compressed air, but it must fully dry.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the hydrogen peroxide idea, I will try it next time I clean. I have an electrical compressed air machine for cleaning inside my PC, I could use it to dry the micropores cause it packs a hell of a punch. I also read glowing reviews on another forum about the Bleep mask, so I was contemplating the idea of buying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bleep reviews here as well http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Sleep-Mask
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,794 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,756 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.