Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help importing O2 ring data
Help importing O2 ring data
Have just mail ordered an O2 Ring. Is the process of inputting it’s data to OSCAR simple? Looks like the ring stores up to 4 nights of data. Is it a case of putting in the CPAP’s data from the SD card first, & then the ring’s data (all 4 days?) and the data all aligns with each other in OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best O2 sensor?
(11-12-2022, 03:42 PM)Cuppa Wrote: Have just mail ordered an O2 Ring. Is the process of inputting it’s data to OSCAR simple? Looks like the ring stores up to 4 nights of data. Is it a case of putting in the CPAP’s data from the SD card first, & then the ring’s data (all 4 days?) and the data all aligns with each other in OSCAR?

I have failed to get my O2 Ring report onto to OSCAR.  I am using a MacBook, Android Phone, O2 ring, and the O2 Insight Pro app.  The process fails in OSCAR.  With an OASCAR daily report up under DATA I click Viatom/Wellue to transfer a saved .csv file from O2 Insight Pro.  The file appears but it is gray and not readable.

A trick I found from Lookee who sold me my O2 Ring is that I had to sync and load data to my cell phone app before I synced (as they call it) to my laptop.  Not sure if that was a one time deal or not.

The above may not be a problem at all with a Windows computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wellue/Viatom raw data file has no extension, like ".csv".  A CSV file (Comma Separated Variable) is nothing more than a text file with each parameter separated by a comma (",").  The file you want will be a binary file and have a 14 digit name, with the possibility of having a prefix of the device type.  Your filename will most likely look like, O2Ring_20221112150930.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2022, 04:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Wellue/Viatom raw data file has no extension, like ".csv".  A CSV file (Comma Separated Variable) is nothing more than a text file with each parameter separated by a comma (",").  The file you want will be a binary file and have a 14 digit name, with the possibility of having a prefix of the device type.  Your filename will most likely look like, O2Ring_20221112150930.

- Red

I see the long digits file name on the screen as the one above, but no path to save it to disk.  I am not familiar with using Terminal to move files around and the app only gives two options to save the O2 report.  .csv and .pdf.
Post Reply Post Reply
ejbpesca   If you try as Crimson Nape has suggested I would really appreciate you posting again to let us know if you have had success. I too have a Macbook. 

Thank you Crimson Nape. One of the main reasons I chose the O2 ring was due to having read here that it was easy to input it's data to OSCAR. It'll be a week or two before it gets to me, but I hope putting into OSCAR ends up being a simple straightforward process. I think the last two posts here may save me a lot of frustration & disappointment.

Edit.
ejbpesca - Yikes, I hope using Terminal isn't required! Surely it should be straightforward using Finder?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a 'How to import O2 ring data to OSCAR using a Mac' anywhere to refer to?

EDIT: Found it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you all read this Wiki on importing Wellue/Viatom data from a Mac? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...port#macOS
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cuppa & ejbpesca,

If you are using "O2 Insight Pro"  on your Mac's the data files are stored in an odd location:
Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

Try the instructions on the wiki page [HERE] and see if they work for you.

EDIT: Red beat me to it...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2022, 04:46 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Cuppa & ejbpesca,

If you are using "O2 Insight Pro"  on your Mac's the data files are stored in an odd location:
Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

Try the instructions on the wiki page [HERE] and see if they work for you.

EDIT: Red beat me to it...

You both beat me to it, posting  whilst I was doing what I should have done in the first place & went looking myself. Thank you. Looks like it should be easier to import direct to Macbook rather than via the iOS app.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2022, 04:39 PM)Cuppa Wrote: Is there a 'How to import O2 ring data to OSCAR using a Mac' anywhere to refer to?

EDIT: Found it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

I am not familiar nor comfortable with using code on my laptop.  I guess the following is to be copied to Terminal but then I would not know how to save the extracted file and make it available to OSCAR.  I can always capture the image of the O2 sleep report and show it as a separate image.  The word "possible," here tells me the writer is not sure where the file is.

The downloaded session files will be stored in one of two possible locations:

Code:

or

Code:
/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/O2_Insight_Pro/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber/

The "Library" folder is hidden by default, but you can still reach it in Finder by pressing cmd-shift-G and entering 
Code:
~/Library

in the file selection dialog.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 135 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 643 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,300 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.