Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths?
How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths?
Hello. May I have help please. No matter what I try I can't find a way for Sleepyhead to display patient triggered breaths statistics, or indeed anything related to patient triggered breaths. Is it maybe a compatibility issue with the Aircurve ASV?

Thank you for any guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths?
Mark is still working on fine tuning some ASV code. Not sure what exactly he is doing or will do with the ASV machines but he is close to releasing the next update.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 10:25 PM)AlanE Wrote: Mark is still working on fine tuning some ASV code. Not sure what exactly he is doing or will do with the ASV machines but he is close to releasing the next update.

Hello and thanks for info. Is a new release of Sleepyhead normally advertised on the Board ? (I don't want to miss it).

There is also a problem with the current version of Sleepyhead about displaying the pressure settings with my machine, both in graphic form and in the descriptions - e.g. just below the AHI total, top left of the S'Head daily screen, it says <EPAP> followed by more than a hundred numbers <cms H20>. (That's what one could call high pressure!). But this is not a big issue of course as I know what my settings are.

But it's wonderful that people who know what they are doing continue to improve the software for all of us. Thank you very much. Sleepyhead has been so, so useful for me - up to and including using its evidence to get hold of the machine that is finally treating my apnoea properly.

Has anyone out there with the Aircurve ASV had success with patient triggered breaths in S'head?
Post Reply Post Reply
There will be posts here when a new Sleepyhead is available, but you can join JediMark's Facebook page, and it will probably be announced there first. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepyheadcpap/

The machine triggered breaths are fairly easy to pick out using mask pressure, or in the case of the PRS1 machines, they are flagged. Have you noticed the tall spikes in mask pressure?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2016, 09:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There will be posts here when a new Sleepyhead is available, but you can join JediMark's Facebook page...

The machine triggered breaths are fairly easy to pick out using mask pressure, or in the case of the PRS1 machines, they are flagged. Have you noticed the tall spikes in mask pressure?

Hello and thanks - I shall join the Facebook page.

The mask pressure - there is a regular baseline wave, then there are frequent waves (in bunches of approx 2-10) that are about twice the height, then also some, fewer, waves that are about 3x height of baseline. So no <tall spikes> exactly.

I'm very happy with my current settings and results but I have an intermittent muscular paralysis disorder and I think that the <patient triggered breaths> statistics just might be a useful proxy for the degree of asleep muscle weakness - and that's something I'd like to show my muscle doctor as it could be a good way for him to monitor other patients' disease activity.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark mentioned he is refining the Aircurve 10 data output for the next release. The ability of Sleepyhead to display Aircurve 10 data was incomplete in the last release, but worked "good enough" for most of us. Remember, the last Sleepyhead release was before the aircurve was available; it just happened to work. As a result, information like machine settings and the machine initiated breaths, just displays as nonsense right now. A lot of focus for the next release appears to be to get Dreamstation functionality, but even before that issue came up, there was work being done on Aircurve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Event type display MarkChap 8 908 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 799 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Sudden chart display problem [solved, see post #2] ak99 2 655 08-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ak99
  Weird chart display Dormeo 2 549 04-14-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.