Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help interpreting data
Help interpreting data

I am relatively new to the board and have been using a CPAP for about 1 1/2 years.  The pressure was set at 9 and at first was working as far as I could tell.  Recently my wife has informed me that my snoring is getting worse and it seemed like adjustments had to be made so I started researching how to adjust the machine and software to view results.  I've joined the forum and downloaded manuals and software but don't understand what I am looking at.  I recently changed the machine to apap with low pressure at 9 and high at 13.  I found that it was at max pressure for most of the night and recently adjusted to 10 and 14 with the same results.  Knowing that I don't know what I'm looking at I am asking for some advice on what to do next.  Attached is last nights data and while my AHI was low, RERA seems high and snoring is high as well.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help interpreting data
It looks like your max pressure is still too low and you're still having respiratory events. You can see the pressure hitting the ceiling when your snores start. I would suggest increasing the max further by a good amount.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to see you drop the Tidal Volume Chart and add the flow limit chart
(goto 'View/Reset Graphs/Standard')

You are having excessive Flow Limitations, Flow Limits are what is driving your pressure up.
I am also concerned about your RERAs. RERAs are defined as a series of Flow Limitations, see the connection, ending with Arousal. Needless to say arousals disturb your sleep.

I want you to set the EPR = 3, fulltime, it is currently set to '2'.

Then let's see what you have. Post the charts for review.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will make adjustments tonight and post the results. I'll update last night's chart as requested when I get back to my pc. Thank you for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are charts for last 3 nights:

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the clusters signify chin tucking. A fix for that would be a soft cervical collar.

Do you have nasal congestion? Have you tried a nasal or nasal pillow mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have congestion typically but have only used a face mask due to mouth breathing. Wanted to try both when I got my cpap but had to pick one or the other addy the time. I do sleep on my back 98%of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limits are really high. You have chin tucking which could be the reason so definitely try a collar, if you use 2 pillows, try one. If it is chin tucking no of pressure will correct that. Along with that your RERAs are over 5 per hour, not good. Try a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, is there any chance you could try to sleep on your sides? If that would be painful, forget about it, but if it's just that it's not your habit, people here could help you try to change that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a VERY firm pillow, will make a change and see what that does. I have trouble with mask sleeping on my side but will search for threads with help for this.

Thank you for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 583 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.