Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me find a DME provider
Help me find a DME provider
So, I recently moved and changed medical insurance to Atena.

In the past my only choice for cpap supplies was through LinCare. I just paid out of pocket for cpap supplies. It was cheaper, and LinCare billing was questionable at best.

The Atena policy will pay 80% for cpap supplies, leaving me with 20% to pay. I'm hoping this will be cheaper and easier then cruising Amazon, and all the online shops looking for deals and discounts every time I need something. Unfortunately, I'm in a situation where keeping cost down is important.

Atena has a long list of DMEs to choose from, Apria, Aerocare, Rotech, and others. The question is should move my prescription over or just keep doing what I'm doing? Can anyone recommend a DME provider? I will need a new machine in the next few years, I always tweak my settings, my apnea is well controlled, and haven't needed a Dr or DME input for a long time.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me find a DME provider
After reading many posts about DMEs, I came to the conclusion that it's like with coffee or cars. Each brand has its fans and its detractors. I must use Apria (no other choice in my plan), and had wonderful experiences with them although others report horror stories. Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Knock on wood, after many different dme’s, Aerocare has been the most effective, easy to use company. I’ve used all the others you mentioned. The only gripe is that my P10 large pillows seem to be in great demand and and they are back ordered. I can deal with that. Fyi, I use both Medicare and BCBS and after deductibles, pay zip. Zero for my supplies or machine. Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ELgeeone,   I am glad Aerocare works out for you. I have to work with Apria which turns out ok. Like you, I use the P10 large pillow and it is on back order, but I can deal with that also. The complete set last me for quite a while. Like you Medicare, BCBS pays for everything. It is a joke what they charge Medicare, but Medicare knows how much to pay & so does BCBS. Guess that's how our system works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use Lincare.  Initially, they were a royal pain to get set up (could have been due to the stubborn staff of the local Lincare office), but once the initial hassle was resolved and I was in their system, regular monthly supplies have been coming just fine with no problem.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 269 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 271 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.