Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
RE: Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
Your sleep study indicated a long latency to sleep and poor sleep efficiency, but very low AHI of only 1.1 with no significant oxygen desaturations. Somehow, they still conclude severe sleep apnea syndrome and prescribe CPAP. In all of your results here, you have had no apparent issues with CPAP treatment and your study suggest a disrupted sleep pattern, but it does not seem you had much in the way of apnea or hypopnea. Over the 228 minutes of sleep you had only 4 desaturations to a minimum of 92%.

In the U.S. that would not qualify for CPAP treatment and would be diagnosed as normal sleep with disruption. It doesn't even suggest mild apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Spanish is not very good, but what I could gather from this report you have an AHI of 1.1 incidents per hour. That is in the normal range. You have a RERA incidence of 0. Oxygen appears to be good with a minimum of 92%. I would suggest this is the sleep report of a normal person not suffering from apnea, OR my Spanish is really bad!
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep study was done with cpap on at 13cmH2o fixed pressure. ..............
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 01:24 PM)Nito Wrote: The sleep study was done with cpap on at 13cmH2o fixed pressure. ..............

That changes things a bit. What you really need is a real sleep study where there is no treatment pressure, just a measurment of apnea events. That will show your true AHI. What you got seems more like a titration study where they try different pressures to see what works. Were there any other pressures tried? And if so what were the results at lower pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had that done two years ago and my original AIH without CPAP is 61..............
MY question is : What can I do to achieve REM while sleeping with cpap on? ??
Thank You both for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 01:38 PM)Nito Wrote: I had that done two years ago and my original AIH without CPAP is 61..............
MY question is : What can I do to achieve REM while sleeping with cpap on? ??
Thank You both for your replies.

I am afraid I can't help you there. I believe that REM sleep tends to occur more toward the morning. Perhaps ensuring you have a long night sleep may help, but that would just be a guess on my part. I would also guess that anything you can do it improve sleep comfort would help too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks RonAka 
Sleeprider,  any suggestions?
Thank You both again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your study did not have information on the treatment pressure. It seems you have a disrupted sleep pattern even with CPAP, but the study does not really provide us with information to see why. This is consistent with the results you have posted on CPAP and Bilevel on the forum. I think we can rule out therapy related problems. You have never had a problem with leaks or poor efficacy. That leaves us with the need to focus on comfort, relaxation and perhaps some medication or non-medical therapy to ensure you are ready for sleep and can stay asleep. That is not really something I am knowledgeable about. M

Other members may be able to guide you on sleep hygiene, the use of meletonin or other more active sleep aids.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,599 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.