Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
RE: Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
Had to take a nap. I switched my cycle sensitivity back to Medium (from Very Low) - I had changed in on Jan 16 and I just realized this may be why I have been feeling more tired recently.

SpO2 and heart rate was incredibly stable during my nap, fingers crossed that switching this back helps.

[Image: 800YOYr.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You're dial-winging. No one here would have ever suggested changing cycle sensitivity. You have already found and passed through the best therapy. Stop making it a pin-ball game. Hopefully, you kept notes so you can help us discourage future members from doing this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2023, 07:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hopefully, you kept notes so you can help us discourage future members from doing this.

I sure have... Wink  I know given my numbers people assume I am already perfectly dialed in, but I would disagree with that, given I still have (albeit much less frequent) days on which I need an afternoon nap despite always sleeping 7h+.

Regarding the change to cycle sensitivity - I was trying to fix a problem w/ a reasonable approach (imo). Here is what I shared on this thread when I made the change:

Quote:Since this led to leaks around my nose, I tightened my straps. The tighter straps made me feel like there was somehow less air/pressure coming (huh?!) and it felt like my breaths were cut off short.

I changed my "Cycle Sensitivity" setting to "Very low" in hopes of fixing this. The flow still felt lower, but my breaths were not cut off anymore.

Since then I have re-adjusted my straps again, which I think helped a bit and I am waiting for my F20 mask, which has a design that won't collapse on itself over my nose when strongly tightened.

I had a pretty perfect night tonight. Still woke up four times from tickles, but that is much better than usual and my nose remained clear from the Nasonex, which is what I think helped me sustain a high SpO2 level w/ zero drops (this has only happened on 1-2 nights before). 

Numbers include the nap I took in the afternoon:

[Image: v8DljaN.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a couple good nights on 2x 2 sprays of Nasonex, but started getting a headache, so yesterday I switched to 2x 1 spray and my nose clogged up fully again. I also realized that for a couple of days now my nose has always been clogged on the right side only, whereas before that it would clog on both sides somewhat randomly, which is making me wonder if I may have an infection or polyps.
Post Reply Post Reply
No more Nasonex: The Nasonex may have helped me a tiny bit, but I had to stop Nasonex completely now after noticing it made me extremely forgetful, similar to what I had experienced in the past before CPAP (which I am now realizing was maybe from the Flonase back then that I used to try to sleep better...)

Humidifcation instead: Instead I tried humidification tonight (auto heat, auto humidity) and it was weird:

Not getting enough air: Similar to last time (post #59) I tried humidification, I immediately felt like there is less pressure coming at me. Not sure if this is real or perception from the humidity or heated hose. I woke up multiple times later in the night feeling extremely out of breath, feeling like I am not getting enough/any air. Looks like my oxygen dipped only a little to 92%/93% during those times. At 3:45 I gave up and decided up the PS from 5.0 to 8.0 in hope that this would let me sleep better. With PS at 8.0, the machine felt the ~same as it had felt w/ PS 5.0 and no humidification. It looks like this initially shot my breathing into a feedback loop, which then stabilized 15-20 minutes later and I was able to mostly sleep through after this adjustment. My respiration rate actually continued to fluctuate fairly widely the entire rest of the night, but no full on CAs. Surprisingly, while I felt extremely tired when this happened during the night, I don't feel that bad at all now in the morning.

[Image: LxYt3qP.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I don't feel that bad at all now in the morning

JK, ended up being pretty tired after all and had to take a nap after lunch. The nap was pretty good. As I turned around to my left side, I again felt like I wasn't getting enough air, but I just stood up at that point since I had already napped for an hour at that point.

[Image: 4TgJzpL.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone,

Thins have taken a bit of a negative turn for me and I feel much more tired recently.

I have noticed that I have segments during my sleep right now that look like mini-CAs, here's two from tonight:

[Image: YUi6rMx.png]
[Image: HB8SxYa.png]

Here's the full plot for last night:

[Image: FOoqBn3.png]

And here is one overview plot showing things have gotten worse:

[Image: DsGH61N.png]

Here's a timeline: 
1. Flonase/Nasonex: Feb 2 - Feb 16
2. F20 instead of F30i: Feb 11 - now
3. Increased EPAP, going from 9 to 10: Feb 16 - now
4. Added humidifier and increased IPAP from 15 to 18: Feb 18 - now
5. Azelastine: Feb 26 - March 2

From that it seems like the strongest correlation is with the humidifier and increased IPAP (#4), but for some reason things were good on Feb 21, even though I didn't change anything, which seems weird.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my appointment at the pulmonology lab, can someone help me interpret the test results?

It looks like my FRC and ERV are particularly low.

[Image: RfVVZhv.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My Pulmonologist and RT interpreted my pulmonary function tests (so I didn't learn how to interpret them).  Here is the best link I have found:

https://hospitalmedicaldirector.com/how-...ion-tests/     (have to copy and paste this in address bar)

I will try to look this over also to help you out YouTakeMyBreathAway.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
The main test (FEV1/FVC%) looks good (or slightly mild based on the brand new criteria for evaluating this in the above article).  From what I just read, low FRC and ERV may indicate restrictive lung disease or even obstructive disease.  Pulmonologist would give a complete interpretation.  

Have you ever smoked?  Any medical history that may indicate restrictive lung disease or obstructive or equivalent?
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,632 04-23-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 114 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 206 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 280 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 541 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,561 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 205 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.