Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
RE: Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
(11-23-2022, 02:35 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Is it true, then, that we can achieve a higher PEEP by increasing our EPAP? Not beyond comfort, of course... Or am I missing something?

I gave this a shot and increased EPAP by 1. I also abstained from caffeine the entire day, so this isn't a clean A/B comparison. Woke up similarly tired.

[Image: 3qER5at.png]

Here's a close-up of the first segment of drops. My breathing is super stable before and after, w/ steady SpO2, Minute ventilation, Tidal volume and Respiration rate, then gets rough and recovers after ~35 minutes. What could be causing this?

[Image: 5SD80rU.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
And here's day 2 w/o caffeine - had a pretty bad headache, so also popped some pain killer (not sure if they affect sleep).

I woke up really tired still, but the data is looking pretty decent with fewer SpO2 drops. Looks like I had a ~50 minute segment w/ pretty sizable leaks during which my oxygen also fluctuated a bit more.

[Image: qczmzKG.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2022, 02:35 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Is it true, then, that we can achieve a higher PEEP by increasing our EPAP? Not beyond comfort, of course... Or am I missing something?

EPAP is equivalent to PEEP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another "good day on paper", still feeling tired. I'm going to remove the AB filter tonight after reading this can cause the machine to fail to detect events.

[Image: c1AI9Jw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I misssed that you were using an AB filter. I have never used one, but have seen some odd artifacts from others that have. Hope it works out better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Took off my AB filter and this was my second night ever with 0.0 AHI, so that wasn't interfering (meaningfully) it seems.

[Image: EQ8RgtT.png]

My SpO2 drops were also very few (10 events total), for my lowest ODI ever of 1.11/h.

The remaining oxygen drops still seem to be real (not artefacts), as they correlate w/ the flow rate changing, you can see them zoomed in here: https://imgur.com/a/Fs0rVA0 

I'm not debilitatingly tired by any means, but I do remember waking up w/ more energy on some other days (within the past months). Maybe it's the caffeine withdrawal that my body is still adjusting to in terms of what a new normal of "feeling awake/refreshed" is.

Anything anyone recommends I try?
Post Reply Post Reply
Still tired, but again a great score all around, maybe it's the leaks? I don't notice them myself though. Dont-know

[Image: yrCBEcy.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I noticed is that while my SpO2 drops have improved, I still have somewhat frequent HR spikes during the night. Not sure if this is normal?

Night before Caffeine Withdrawal:

[Image: cHDMatv.png]

Last Night:

[Image: IaPAnVw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, YouTakeMyBreathAway  I've been using the O2 ring since June and have never noticed high spikes like you have.   

I'm not sure what's within normal parameters, but it doesn't look restful.  Might explain your still feeling tired with otherwise good numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Lucid, that is helpful information!

I discovered one more thing last night. I was fully awake sitting on a chair for half an hour and during that time wasn't wearing my mask, but continued wearing my SpO2 monitor and it shows that my oxygen is lower awake w/o the machine than asleep w/ the machine, which I assume may indicate a general breathing/lung problem besides Sleep Apnea?

[Image: aN8tqEg.png]

The two clusters of SpO2 drops in the last part of the night coincide w/ increased leaks, so probably a similar effect to going w/o a mask (not having enough pressure delivered b/c of leaks)? And the cluster in between shows my minute ventilation going >10, which likely means I was awake while the drops happened?

One more thing I noticed: Before CPAP treatment I literally never dreamt and remembered my dreams. With my Airsense 11 I remember dreams from time to time (not every day). On this current setting w/ my very low AHI numbers and low ODI numbers, I actually wake up multiple times during the night and remember having dreamt almost every single time I wake up. I assume that is a good sign, but at the same time I am not sure if I am supposed to be in REM sleep like 6 times during a night and wake up during REM all these times?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.