Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
RE: Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results
I was just looking at one of my days on Sleep HQ (instead of Oscar) and with that rendering I noticed that a good number of my HR spikes correlated w/ the few residual flow limitations that I have.

I thought that was noteworthy. Does this mean anything in terms of what is causing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Increased my humidity to 3, which resulted in my nose tickling significantly more and me taking off the mask for extended periods resulting in bad sleep.

Any way to fix that or do I just need to live w/o humidity?

[Image: MiEsubF.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
- Moved humidity back down to 3, which reduced the nose tickles, allowing me to keep the mask on.
- Had a really low ODI - this was the first time I took a bath before going to bed, maybe that helped.
- For the leaks from 6-7am, I remember waking up repeatedly with a dry mouth, so probably still tired b/c of arousals from mouth leaks. Still waiting for my F30i mask.

[Image: gIjkech.png]

My hear rate spike correspond w/ flow limitations and large leaks. I assume the spikes are both micro-arousals and I am looking to fix the leaks with a full-face mask, but what can I do to fix the flow limitations?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any flow limitations are below the level of significance we normally target for treatment. They appear to be extremely mild, infrequent and random.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that, but what do you think about them corresponding w/ HR spikes? I assume that implies they cause arousals despite being infrequent.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, first night w/ the F30i didn't go good at all, I feel very tired. Looks like the mask didn't leak as strongly, but more continuously than the N30i did.

Looking at my HR graph for yesterday vs today, it seems obvious why I felt way more tired today: There were long stretches of constant low heart rate yesterday.

What do I do from here? Sad

[Image: a4mrxXw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night w/ F30i - to fix the leaks I got yesterday, I tightened the straps a lot, to the point where I woke up w/ imprints on my face.

There is still some (consistent) leakage happening and the mask is still not very comfortable, but my data looks way better than yesterday. It actually looks quite similar to the day before yesterday (post #63), which was my best (most refreshing) night ever on the N30i.

[Image: 7WCbFug.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night w/ really good score but feeling way more tired than on the N30i. Leaks look better than on the N30i.

[Image: M5Ly9D3.png]

I guess the fact that this mask is pretty tight and less comfortable than the N30i must be arousing me during the night? 

Thinking of trying the N30i w/ chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tightened the F30i a bit more and got 0.0 p99.5 leaks, wow! 

That being said, I again woke up more tired than when I had my N30i fully dialed in, which is very confusing. A few theories:

1. I also received my ClimateAir hose at the same time and have set it to 86F (max) (used SlimLine before). However, this is usually supposed to help, not make things worse.
2. My dinner portions may have increased a little bit. However, this was only true on some nights.
3. I ran out of my multivitamin, so I have only been able to continue taking Vitamin D, DHA and a Bromelain supplement. However, Vitamin D is supposedly the most important for daytime sleepiness and I continued taking it.
4. The mask is bulkier than the N30i, which makes it more noticeable when I move my head on my pillow, so I may wake up more easily from it. However, movement charts do not show me moving more.

Do any of these seem more/less plausible? I'm going to try to work through them. Turning off heat and humidity will be the simplest one, so will probably do that one first.

[Image: 0C0Cdgw.png]

When you look at my past few nights' heart rate charts, do they look normal? I'm not sure I have seen these spikey bits in other people's charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
I will render a guess at your spikey heart rate values.  And it is just a guess.  Could be something called POTS (postural tachycardia syndrome).  Your heart rate gets low during sleep (mine does also - lowest usually 40 to 37 or so).  The gaps in your charts are when you wake up (and rinse nasal passages, etc.).  Most spikes look like they happen at the same time as your arousals.  When a person with POTS starts moving around, HR increases.    I take propafenone from Cardiologist to help combat this (and take a little extra time and am very careful when sitting up or especially getting out of bed, etc.)

I really wanted to post just as a simple warning:  be careful when sitting up or especially standing up suddenly during the night.  Don't faint or pass out from standing up too quickly.  Take your time getting out of bed for sure just to be safe.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,630 04-23-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 114 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 279 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 539 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,557 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 204 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.