Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me pick a FFM please
Idea 
Help me pick a FFM please
I've been reading reviews of various masks, checking out pics and specs, etc.  I feel more informed, but also more overwhelmed by all of the choices. 

Could you please help me figure out which FFM might be a good choice for me?  I'm seeing the DME soon, where they said they will "give" me a 2nd mask, so I want to make a good choice.  I'd like to get a mask that allows me to breathe through my mouth.  And I specifically do not want one with any part that goes into my nostrils (I'm sensitive to things, and that's something I don't want).

I am using Dreamwear and I love it.  I love that the nozzle comes off the top of the head (I'm sure I won't find that in a FFM).  I like that I feel unobstructed, without things strapped all over my head.  I love love love that it's a soft gentle cushion that just rests at my nose. 

I do not want something that goes up to my forehead (supports, straps, etc.).

I mainly sleep on my back, and sometimes on my sides.

Any recommendations, please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me pick a FFM please
I use the Dreamwear as well and love it. This last week, I came down with flu and could not breathe through my nose with any of the nasal masks. So, I used alternated using two full face masks that a seller included with my Craigslist Airsense. They have both worked VERY well for me. One was the Quattro Air (I do not know if it is the For Her or not) and the other is the F&P Simplus. I like the Quattro Air just a bit more than the Simplus for ease of wearing, but they both worked great. A little leaking by the eye. I have a walgreens sleep mask that should take care of that tonight. The Quattro goes over your head, but doesn't use your forehead for support.

I could not stand full face masks, but these were comfortable and the quattro was very light.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend the F&P Simplus or the Resmed F20.These both seem to me to be very good at sealing on a large number of different faces. For me they are not as good as my Mirage Quattro but close. I would recommend the Mirage Quattro to you but it has several things that you say that you do not like but for me it seals the best.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the F&P Simplus FF mask and I like it.

If you look at the various leading online CPAP shops, you will also see that the Simplus is often a best seller and the FF mask with the highest ratings from users/reviewers...

Must mean lots of people like it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus
Post Reply Post Reply
Take your machine with you and try them under pressure, preferably lying down as you do while sleeping.

Each of us is different, each of us has a different facial structure so what works for me may or may not work for you. You have to TRY them.

I have to ask, why a FFM? are you a mouth breather? (sounds like you might be.)

Try the Amara View because it is a different type of FFM, it does touch the bottom of your nose but does not go "in" the nose nor does it rest on the nose like a typical FFM. It has nothing above the bottom of your nose.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's against your stated goal of staying away from your nose but,

IMHO the lightest, least intrusive, most easily sealed "mask" is the ResMed P10 pillows.  They should be on your nose, if they go in you need a larger size.

My suggestion is only that you try these to see if they might work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really, suggesting a mask for you isn't possible. We're all so different. What works for a dozen of us won't work for a dozen others.

As an example, you can read my journey as I trialed a number of FFMs a while back. Everyone helped me figure out what size I should use for each mask, etc. I eventually settled on the Simplus because of the shape of my face and nose.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
i use ff because i can't keep my mouth shut. I have tries many and my two favorites are:
1. Amara View
2. F20
They both work excellent for me but I prefer the Amara View because it is easy to rub my eyes, scratch my cheek or nose etc.
My mask seal is always very good.
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Another Simplus user, besides my P10. I just want to add that I felt like you in that I absolutely didn't want anything going up to my forehead but when I tried the Simplus mask I found out that it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer the straps to not go across my cheeks as I mostly sleep on my side and the Simplus straps bother me less than the P10 straps, and leave less noticeably marks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newby trying to pick DME. Emil Faber 8 1,791 08-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Emil Faber
  How to pick a machine Waldorbigbill 9 2,000 06-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Appointment to pick up new ASV . . . ruach 4 1,708 03-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Dawei
Grin Pick-up my CPAP Machine on Monday! letsgobuffalo12 15 3,933 02-23-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me pick from 2 cpap machine options! thcguy12 15 3,473 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Terry
Idea PICK BOTH Club - commit right now to picking both breathing and sleeping. quiescence at last 5 2,848 12-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Galactus
  Which machine to pick out tomorrow? ShelaghDB 3 1,982 11-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.