Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me pick from 2 cpap machine options!
RE: Help me pick from 2 cpap machine options!
Try "The American Sleep Apnea Association". ASAA

Google it...they have a program that may be able to get you a free machine. May be worth looking into.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, suddenly your option #1 does not look that bad.
Other than ASAA (see post above), you can have a look at Supplier #2 (look at the "Supplier List" at the top) - they often have good deals going and you can expect support and warranty.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said in your other thread, wait, research, and save up. Don't toss your money at the first machine you find.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a retired M-series Auto. They are very capable, comfortable machines. The downside is they use a Smartcard to record data, and the only way to access that is to use a special card reader (Mako Infineer DT3500 USB) which costs $59.

Supplier #2 offers used machines with a warranty, and that might be a better bet for you. Also the newer generation Philips Respironics System One 60 series Auto machines are available new for $400 on Amazon and at other locations (I know, too much).

I bought a PRS1 Auto for $200, and a PRS1 Bipap Auto for $350 last year on Craigslist. Check your local Craigslist ads, and use SearchTempest in order to search for machines outside your local area but nearby. SearchTempest is a national search engine for Craigslist listings, and you can enter terms like Resmed S9 Autoset, or Remstar Auto, and get lots of results. If you are not a smoker, beware of buying from anyone with a smoker in the household. The odor is not easily removed. Also, lots of people have a ridiculous idea what these machines are worth...be ready to negotiate. Meet in a public place where you can plug the machine in to complete a transaction.

Get a new mask. Many of the online sellers offer a 30 day return if it doesn't work out, and using someone else's mask is just not a great idea. You seem to have enough knowledge to complete a good transaction. The deals you have found so far are not exceptionally good. Keep looking. Also, fill in your profile so we know of your general location, and we can try to alert you to any deals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's like buying tools. If you buy the cheap one, eventually you go back and buy the better one. Then you spent more than if you would have just bought the best one to begin with.
This took me awhile to learn when I was younger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 11:28 AM)thcguy12 Wrote: Respironics M Series Auto Cpap

I'd skip this one. It's old and doesn't have a normal memory card.

I'd also stay away from anything that's near or over 5 years old. The machines (all?) contain a non-user-replacable battery, like what's used in a car-alarm key fob or garage door opener, and the battery isn't good forever.

You can also check around and ask your friends and relatives. It's entirely possible you can get a machine for free. A lot of people keep their old machine for a "spare" when they get a new one from insurance.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.