Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me sleep.... PLEASE
Help me sleep.... PLEASE
New user here... Been on CPAP for about a week and a half.  My doc and my supplier said they will not even consider looking at my information till I have done about a month but I am basically getting no relief and I feel like I am going to fall asleep typing this.

My test was an at-home test as that is all that my insurance would cover but my doctor told me that I had severe sleep apnea to the point that she said "ethically I am afraid to let you drive home"....  Still trying to get my hands on my report.

With that said I have tried the nasal pillows and now a full face mask and seems to be the same story over and over. Just still really sleepy... AHI almost 10. Still having apneas and hyponeas... I just don't feel its working

I really wanted that OMG moment when I started this treatment but so far it has not happened.  I am ready to throw this thing against the wall...

I have tried to attached screen shots of my sleepyhead data but the forum says I need to have 4 posts before I can put a link. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me sleep.... PLEASE
You can use the links in my signature to see how to post links to images on Imgur. If you just put a space in the h ttp: we will be able to follow the link. While we're at it, be sure to get your Setup Manual at the link at the top of the forum, and there is also a nice tutorial on how to access settings.

Get a copy of your sleep study results for your records, and if there is anything unusual there like central apnea, let us know. Otherwise, It's a pretty good bet your minimum pressure of 5 needs to be increased, but let us see the Sleepyhead data and we can confirm. Once we get you dialed in, you need to be patient since that OMG moment can be more of a gradual realization that things have gotten a lot better, but it takes some time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
put up a link with a gap in the beginning, we can delete the gap and see the chart.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to my screen shots:

htt p://imgur.com/a/9NqR4

There are 4 of them at that link
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2017, 12:29 PM)cmckenna Wrote: Here is the link to my screen shots:

htt p://imgur.com/a/9NqR4

There are 4 of them at that link

Here we go:

[Image: bOHp3lK.png]

[Image: 1L0WN8o.png]

[Image: 1ilfigs.png]

[Image: qhaS91c.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of these images are the same session from June 12. Please minimize the monthly calendar by clicking on the triangle in the date line, and then go to Sleepyhead File/Preferences/Appearance, and uncheck the pie chart. Finally order the charts for Events, flow rate, Pressure, Leaks and Snores. With that one chart we should have everything we need.

Your charts show strong obstructive problems, and I think it is going to be resolved by something you may not have expected, a soft cervical collar. It's clear you need a higher minimum pressure, and for starters, let's put that up to 9.0. Meanwhile, you need to go to Walmart, a drug store or Amazon and find a soft cervical collar. Your clusters and severity of obstruction is likely caused by you tucking your chin (flexing your neck down) which closes the airway. You can try this just sitting in a chair; let your chin drop and notice how the airway occludes. For a soft cervical collar you want a COMFORT fit with 2-fingers able to slip between your neck and the collar. They come is several different heights, and you want one that again comfortably puts pressure under your jaw without being obtrusive when your head is in a neutral position, but one that prevents your chin from tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The MAC version does not seem to let me minimize the calendar.  Also I see no way to get all those graphs you listed on to a single screen.  I still have to scroll down to see snore even when I have them in the order you requested.

Also I just posted last nights data but its been pretty much the same story night after night
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.... figured it out.  Cut me some slack as I am a systems infrastructure guy and not a user GUI guy  Smile

Here is the link with the new shot:

htt p://imgur.com/a/B2Oed
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on making 4-posts. You should be able to post images shortly. This level of detail is much more useful and gives us summary data for your respiration and the machine settings. Again, your median pressure is 19.2, so there is no where to go with pressure, and our only choice is positional therapy along with the pressure.

[Image: yYolyzT.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh....  thats a hard pill to swallow.  I can't see myself having to sleep with something around my neck.  While I do OK with a mask on my face, I am pretty sure i would have a total freakout with something on my neck.  I can't even stand shirt collars or my bed sheets near my neck.

So I am assuming that 20 is the highest I can go on my pressure then.  Nothing else stands out?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.