Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me sleep.... PLEASE
RE: Help me sleep.... PLEASE
(06-18-2017, 09:06 AM)cmckenna Wrote: Made some adjustments.  Any feedback on how my data is looking now?

http://imgur.com/a/kxiwK

I removed the space in your link. You have enough posts that you don't need to alter the link.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 09:06 AM)cmckenna Wrote: Made some adjustments.  Any feedback on how my data is looking now?

One hell of a lot better that's for sure. I'm sure some of the more experienced people will chime in with suggestions but you're moving in the right direction. Now that you're past the no links phase, use the insert an image icon in the top bar to put your chart right in your post. Good luck.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing, how are you feeling? Ultimately that's the most important thing.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Still groggy and ready for a nap around 4 PM each day. But somewhat better
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go into the settings and remove the VS2 statistic. It's meaningless. Glad to see you are doing better!

Just changing your pillow seemed to have helped. Likely a soft cervical collar would help even more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I am back to my old pillow. What I did was increase my starting prsssure and went back to my nasal pillows instead of the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 01:13 PM)Marillion Wrote: I would go into the settings and remove the VS2 statistic.  It's meaningless.  Glad to see you are doing better!
The VS2 statistic is not (totally) meaningless, but the VS2 graph is pretty meaningless.

I and others have been trying to figure out just what that VS2 data means ever since JediMark discovered that the PR machines record VS1 and VS2 snores.

Short version of a very, very long story: Encore (the official PR Software) calculates its "Vibratory Snore Index" very differently than SleepyHead does. The Encore VSI is computed by adding all the individual VS2 snore numbers together and then divides the total by the run time in hours. And so it appears those VS2 snore numbers may be the number of breaths involving snoring in a fixed amount of time.

To the OP:
It appears that since the beginning of the thread, the OAs and Hs are being replaced with a fair amount of snoring. It could be that your body needs a few weeks (rather than a few days) to fully adjust to sleeping with the CPAP and you might continue to see some improvement without a lot more fiddling.

It may also be that given the snoring, you might want to increase the min pressure setting by 1 cm to see if that helps. If there's some improvement in the snoring numbers, but you're still seeing some snoring after a week or so, you could increase the min pressure setting by 1cm again.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

looks pretty good.  I would run for at least a week and more at these settings if this were mine.  And, I would keep track and judge by my rested feeling.

if you look at both the recent charts (before and after adjustment) you'll notice the median pressure went down a little (15.7 cm down to 14.0 cm) and that flow limitation and RERA are both greatly reduced.  so, raising the minimum seems to have been the right move.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll keep an eye on the data and see how it goes. Thanks everyone !!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 03:33 PM)robysue Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 01:13 PM)Marillion Wrote: I would go into the settings and remove the VS2 statistic.  It's meaningless.  Glad to see you are doing better!
The VS2 statistic is not (totally) meaningless, but the VS2 graph is pretty meaningless.

I and others have been trying to figure out just what that VS2 data means ever since JediMark discovered that the PR machines record VS1 and VS2 snores.

Short version of a very, very long story: Encore (the official PR Software) calculates its "Vibratory Snore Index" very differently than SleepyHead does. The Encore VSI is computed by adding all the individual VS2 snore numbers together and then divides the total by the run time in hours. And so it appears those VS2 snore numbers may be the number of breaths involving snoring in a fixed amount of time.

To the OP:
It appears that since the beginning of the thread, the OAs and Hs are being replaced with a fair amount of snoring.  It could be that your body needs a few weeks (rather than a few days) to fully adjust to sleeping with the CPAP and you might continue to see some improvement without a lot more fiddling.

It may also be that given the snoring, you might want to increase the min pressure setting by 1 cm to see if that helps.  If there's some improvement in the snoring numbers, but you're still seeing some snoring after a week or so, you could increase the min pressure setting by 1cm again.

Thanks for the clarification!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,360 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.