Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me understand CA
RE: Help me understand CA
I think people often have a few centrals when they first start paping. Then after a month they settle down.

When I look at mine, they are usually when I go to bed or around when I wake up. The other time is when the cats wake up hungry.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 01:44 PM)taha Wrote: Thanks everyone. I feel rotten about complaining of the few events I have like a spoilt child when I should clearly be rejoicing.

I am going through a phase of anxiety and depression.  I apologize for sounding like a broken record. I'll hopefully try and relax like so many of you have suggested.

Hey Taha

My daughter suffers from OCD, anxiety and bouts of depression which resulted in her chucking in her university studies midway. She is a very diligent, talented and intelligent individual. One of her therapists said to her.........mental health issues are not well regarded and understood, we don't say to an asthmatic 'why can't you breathe, there is so much oxygen out there?' Generally physical conditions are better understood and accounted for. Thankfully for us here in the UK, there is a lot more discussion about mental health issues currently and hopefully some day, it would not seem so much of a stigma. Certainly in our household we talk about it openly to chase the shadows away.

Please do not apologise, if you feel anxious, you feel anxious. I cuddle and comfort my daughter whenever she is anxious. The forum here will help you understand your situation and feel confident in your treatment and soon you will find comfort from it. Hopefully that will alleviate your anxieties. Are there any talking therapies available where you are?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 01:44 PM)taha Wrote: Thanks everyone. I feel rotten about complaining of the few events I have like a spoilt child when I should clearly be rejoicing.

I am going through a phase of anxiety and depression.  I apologize for sounding like a broken record. I'll hopefully try and relax like so many of you have suggested.

I'm glad you are here with us. Anxiety and depression are difficult to deal with. 

Your numbers look good, but don't worry one bit if you need to talk it out. No one is going to think you are a spoiled child. I, for one, might envy the numbers, but your sleep seems broken and you have mask issues and when one isn't refreshed it can compound bad mental health.

Stick around, you seem really cool.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 271 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 984 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 426 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,609 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.