Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry hose
Dry hose
Hello,
I have just done my first monthly clean of my machine. Everything is fine except there are still beads of water all the way along the hose from the machine to the face mask. I washed it out with soapy water and rinsed well with cold water and hug it over the shower all yesterday and overnight but it still has beads of water in it.
I don't know if it would dry out as I use it or whether that would not be good for me. Can anyone help?
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry hose
It is pretty common to find droplets of water in the hose the day you wash it. I generally use it with droplets still in the hose. One thing that you can do it use the mask fit option to blow and dry out the hose (if I use this method I try to get some downward slope to help the process), it just adds time to the machine, however it does not effect your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I will try that this evening.
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
I hold it in the middle, amd swing it around and around a few times. It flings the droplets around my room, but I'm ok with that.

That doesn't get rid of all of it, but quite a lot.

I figure some droplets of water in there is ok, since humid air is going through it when I use it (with my humidifier).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that idea too! I also use a humidifier so your right there would be moisture in there anyway.
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Won't hurt a thing to just use it. You're using a humidificator anyway that's doing the same exact thing.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for taking the time to reply?
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
In the summer I hang my hose outside under our patio, not in the sunshine, after shaking it out well. In the colder weather it goes over a towel rack in the bathroom which has the furnace vent right underneath. I've never had water in my hose after cleaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two good ideas. Thank you for sharing.
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 283 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,371 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 693 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.