Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me understand my results
Help me understand my results
Hi all,

I was diagnosed last September, I used my resmed auto set off and on. I have tried two masks and they both have their shortcomings. I have been using my mask religiously since January 7th. I have yet to be able to sleep a full night with mask on, most of the time I use for 3 to five hours and then I feel the need to take it off. Going over my results, when I take it off, normally the pressure is around 18. Not only does this wakes me up, but it gives me a claustrophobic feeling. I know that there is allot of air being pumped but for some reason when it gets that high, I feel like I cannot breath.

I tried adjusting my settings today, we will see if it helps but I set the machine two digits bellow my 95 percent and a max of 17. I want to see if I am able to sleep through the night. The weird part is that based on my results the pressure for the most part continues to get higher as the night progresses. It is a steady climb until it gets to the point that I wake up due to the amount of air. What should I do? Anyone experienced a similar problem? I started a diet three days ago and I am doing my part to loose some weight. I am 5' 10'' and weight about 235 pounds.

Suggestions are welcomed!

I was unable to attach the PDF because it is larger than what the board allows. Included is the link to download the data for the last seven days.

Thanks

PDF LINK HERE

Admin Note: Welcome to the forum - I went ahead and activated the link to your PDF so others can view and provide assistance. -SuperSleeper.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me understand my results
Hi Redemption and WELCOME! to the forum.
You might try to wear your mask and use the machine during the evening as you watch tv or read so that you will get used to it when you are ready to go to sleep.
Keep on trying and hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 09:38 PM)Redemption Wrote: I tried adjusting my settings today, we will see if it helps but I set the machine two digits bellow my 95 percent and a max of 17.
which S9 do you have, AutoSet or Escape Auto
AutoSet shows leak (Escape Auto don,t)

setting the machine based on the 95% percentile can works providing leaks under control below 24l/min
but all bets off if higher for prolong period of time

maybe someone can assists how to post your charts

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 10:23 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-24-2013, 09:38 PM)Redemption Wrote: I tried adjusting my settings today, we will see if it helps but I set the machine two digits bellow my 95 percent and a max of 17.
which S9 do you have, AutoSet or Escape Auto
AutoSet shows leak (Escape Auto don,t)

setting the machine based on the 95% percentile can works providing leaks under control below 24l/min
but all bets off if higher for prolong period of time

maybe someone can assists how to post your charts

The machine i have is an autoset.

Thanks for the link admin.
Post Reply Post Reply
first you need to show the charts to your sleep doctor

start wearing the mask with pressure on while watching TV or listen to some music so you get used to keeping the mask on during the night

because of short sleep periods and frequents wake ups, data cannot be reliable and cannot tell if events been flagged while you were awake especially those clusters and flow limitations all night (don,t know whats going on)

set the machine on cpap mode at your titrated pressure so pressure stay constant during the night and see if improve the situation

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Redemption,
I have used a machine for around 6 years now (S7 Autoset) just purchased a new S9 Auto. In the early days I too had that claustrophobic feeling and had to remove the mask, sometimes for short periods and sometimes for the duration of the night. After a little persistence I got used to it and now sleep much better with the machine than without. I feel your frustration.
Hoping you get it sorted.
festar
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, redemption. I'd say your data looks like you're doing pretty well. The data for Jan. 23 looks like it got messed up somehow, since it's showing pressure beyond the max. set. So, I'd disregard that night's info.
Leakage is under control, which is good. Although pressure does rise a little near the end of the night on a couple occasions, I don't see that as a definite, consistent pattern. You are achieving AHIs below 5 on some nights thus far, and that is the goal for AHI levels.
As has been mentioned, it seems to be a matter of your getting used to the machine, mask and changing pressures. You haven't been at it for long at all, and sage advice is to make only small changes at a time and give a new setting time to be used and adjusted to by your body before considering another change in pressure, for example.
So, hang in there and give it time. I also took awhile to get used to higher pressure than I had been using earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 534 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 91 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.