Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed please
RE: Help needed please
I found the one local DME that is covered by my insurance and called the doctor's office yesterday, so they can send the perscription to that DME.  Now I am waiting to be contacted by the DME, who knows how long that will take.  I have already decided that I won't except anything but a Aircurve 10 VAuto (with 0 hours on it).  One possible good thing I found out is that normally my insurance will pay to rent a machine for 3 months, before buying it.  But because we are at the end of the year and I have met my deductible for the year they will wave the 3 month rental and authorize a purchase now, instead of waiting to next year and forcing me to pay a new deductible all over again.

Another piece of information.  From the titration study they were using some type of Phillips Respertronics machine.  When they where testing bipap mode, it woke me up.  The inhale/exhale cycle I described to the sleep tech as feeling like being punched over and over again.  I asked her what the pressure was and she said 18.  I told her I couldn't continue like that.  She turned the pressure down.  I think I layed there for another hour, and never went back to sleep, before the test ended.
Cheers.

Craig
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Needed. National Jewish = Medicare Disaster IUsedToSnore 4 227 09-11-2020, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed? vrapche031 28 893 08-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: vrapche031
  New to CPAP - Help needed fhf4209 11 336 08-16-2020, 06:46 AM
Last Post: fhf4209
  [Equipment] BIPAP suggestions needed JJJ 17 470 08-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Needed - Continued Insomnia with APAP IUsedToSnore 16 664 06-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Phillips System One Remstar Auto- Latest Firmware Needed. arc0509 4 307 06-13-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  SevereApnea help needed with CA's please SevereApnea 7 369 05-19-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.