Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Thanks Sleeprider and ajack, here's the chart on Insp and Exp.

[Image: iu5tI3dl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
One question on tidal volume, is the med statistic more important than the 95%?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping for reply.....................
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. My tidal volume is low according to those charts, but my treatment seems effective, and my oxygen levels are high and ok. My minute volume stays in range. I don't plan on mentioning my tidal volume to my doc.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Qal, well noted. Also waiting for ajack to get back on the Insp and Exp charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can say my apnea is well treated with the Dreamstation Auto CPAP. Average AHI between 1-2. 

[Image: yC7CM3ql.png]

I got my F20 Airtouch and tried it out yesterday. It's a very well made FFM. I had a tough time with leaks and first impression wasn't that great. I thought FFM was meant to sit on the face and didn't strap it tight enough. Will give it another shot tonight and see. Just felt that there was a lot going on on my face. Interestingly however, tidal volume is up to 520 while I average 300+ with Nuance Pro and Dreamwear and managed to hit 400 at most. So can I conclude that tidal volume readings aren't accurate with nasal pillow masks?

[Image: nlATwVHl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 2 of Resmed Airtouch F20 mask, I had a much better time with leaks after tightening the mask. Leak rate is the best I ever had. Starting to like the new mask now. Tidal volume dropped slightly to 480.

[Image: fqPz85yl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
you need to zoom in on a few 3 minute sections of breaths, to see what is happening with the insp/exp times and how that lines up with the breath. sleeprider is good at this. He saw your other zoom and thought it alright. the machines can get that wrong by picking up on a blip on exhale and reading it as the start of inhale.

edit..you just posted the chart... 480 is a lot better and the breath time in and out look ok to me. I'd raise the pressure 1cm to tidy up the oa/h, it may be enough.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks ajack, will do that and post results in a week or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 607 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 562 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,019 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 262 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 271 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.