Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Latest stats at 9.5 for your comments.

[Image: 9grCtytl.png]

[Image: 0OxjFHFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Looking good!  Your Overview is showing a downward trend.  I think I would stay at this pressure till you to get accustomed to it and see how low your AHI will actually go.  How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson, will take your advice and monitor this for awhile. Getting the Dreamwear pillows next Monday. Nuance Pro fits well but tube in front of the nose is a pain.

By the way, thank you everyone who offered your valuable advice here. This forum is just about the best of any forums I have ever visited on any topics. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You don't get the usual comment like, "use the search button" or the higher thou attitude of old timers who tend to bully newbies. I would also like to congratulate the moderators for making this into such a top notch forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
me likes your results. congrats.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks Qal but just when you thought things are going well... yesterday's stats went up....

[Image: V6Iz7nnl.png]

Hoping it's just an off day...  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
it is. no worries.
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed... you are right Qal. I am blown away by the new stats from last night. Think maybe my mask was too tight the day before. Could see the marks of straps on my face yesterday but not today. Also tighten the cervical collar which I was wearing loosely previously.

[Image: A1oQAntl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Very happy that my AHI is now below 1 for 2 days in a row. Just one thing, I am constantly having dry mouth even with the cervical collar. It shouldn't be mouth breathing issue right? The leaks seems to be ok. Ordered some Xylimelts. Do I need a chin strap?

[Image: DNH0OC2l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
yippee. great news.

dry mouth. hope the xylimelts work. you might bump the humidity up by 1.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm... humidity already at 5 which is the highest. Actually dry mouth was the reason why I went to see a sleep doc a couple of years back. Now that my AHI is under control, I would like to tackle the dry mouth issue. 

Does anyone wear a chin strip with cervical collar on a CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new user dreamstation auto bipap machine d7000 Feedsack 35 995 04-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  OSCAR Installation Testers Needed bonjour 10 568 04-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv? My3rd3y3 110 2,870 04-20-2019, 08:47 AM
  How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? (PR DreamStation 700) 0xDing 2 110 04-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Centrals - help needed Arik 13 468 04-17-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Arik
  BiPap vs Auto Cpap mjsbouchard 3 200 04-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation CPAP but no AHI information? jeffng 6 186 04-05-2019, 03:25 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.