Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
(06-13-2017, 04:30 AM)st8800 Wrote: BTW, I went to set my RAMP time to 15 minutes... would there be any issues here?

Watching the pressure chart seems to be that you fell asleep in seven minutes, adjust that time and try

Bienvenido al Foro
Post Reply Post Reply
I will also suggest a increase in the lower pressure. It helped me.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
My latest stats. I do have a problem with a smaller left passage in nostril due to bone structure internally. I realized that nearer morning it becomes harder to breath thru that nostril, like if I cover my right, hardly any air goes thru. But when I wake up, the problem goes away. Did radiotherapy some years back but the problem returned. Think that will have some issues with the stats.

BTW, the 2 LL is because of toilet break.

[Image: OjiEdIVl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was my chart, I would lift the minimum to 9 and see how that goes for a few days. try and stop a few oa/h before they start
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I found my left nostril is harder to get free and stay free, but that the angle I hold, or prop, my head matters. When I wake and cannot breathe well thru my nose, I get up, take a decongestant and sit up for about an hour. I found lying on my left side and propping my head about 70 degrees to the right so it is just slightly left of staring straight up, the balance is just right. But, cannot do this consistently. Seems a shame since I am quite comfortable right there but don't wake up in the same position.

good luck with your position and nasal passages.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ajack, ok will raise the min pressure to 9 and try.  Cervical collar just came in today so will see if that helps too.
Post Reply Post Reply
My latest stats..... pleased to report AHI is coming down. Cervical collar and pressure at 9 seems to help. Should I increase pressure to 9.5? Are leaks on the high side?

[Image: cO9sm80l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You could bump it up. I don't see where it would hurt. From 3:20AM to about 6:50AM you don't see to have as many problems at the same pressure which makes me think it could be a either, or both, position and chin tuck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with everybody else, raise the minimum pressure to 95% and ride with that for a week and revisit your chart then.
Post Reply Post Reply
wow, I must be different than everybody. that last chart was great, and nice to see. if you bump up the min at all, I would only bump by 0.5 from 9 to 9.5 - but why not run at min of 9 for several days to get an average?

leaks at 3:00 just look like a one-off (likely not a common occurrence). no worries.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,527 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 626 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 583 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,068 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.