Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
potentially use omega 3 or omega 6 oil containing items, such as cashews and walnuts. maybe one ounce. near bedtime. leaving a light coating of natural oils in throat. just a guess.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coincidentally,  I had 2 small packets of cashews before sleep a couple nights ago... still had the dry mouth.  Dont-know

Anyway, my Dreamwear nasal pillows just came in yesterday and I used it with my Dreamwear. Nasal fitment doesn't seems to be as good as the Nuance Pro but I still prefer the tube on top of the head. AHI went up as well. Nevertheless, I will still continue with the Dreamwear with nasal pillows for the time being.

[Image: 6YdUYOXl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi st8800

Very good progress from the charts. I believe you are using a flex setting which for the PR APAP would require a higher min pressure which you are now at 9.5. The machine has to manage the switch between the two pressures (EPAP & Pressure). Since you are getting reasonable AHI numbers, just stay at these settings for a week or two for the body to acclimatize and get used to the presence of the mask. Down the road, you may reduce or remove the flex setting and will probably get better results at the same min pressure. 

If you sleep in air conditioning, that will aggravate the dryness.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Newbee2016. You are right, I'm sleep in air conditioning. Flex is at default 2. AHI is dropping a little with the Dreamwear mask, still aiming to get it below 1. Will give it a few more tries.... will probably switch back to Nuance Pro mask if the AHI still can't match it soon.

[Image: y6jOZwul.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
you might get just a little better AHI with another slight bump up in minimum pressure from 9.5 to 10.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Qal... Will try that tonight. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, increasing from 9.5 on Dreamwear seems to have done the trick. Very glad the Dreamwear has worked out. Thanks again Qal.

[Image: BMETI51l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
man, that's sweet!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last 2 days on Dreamwear have not been good, I wonder why.... another thing... 95% pressure is at max!

[Image: Dm5nEG4l.png]

[Image: GSO1F1Al.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
It's still not bad, though.

Well done!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 177 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 182 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,667 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 187 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.