Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Just came back from ENT visit. Apparently my chronic cough is due to acid reflux. Who would have thought of that?  Dont-know My sinus is clear with no congestion and most importantly, lungs show no sign of COPD!  Lolabove

Last 3 days screenshots. Just sleeping with cervical collar. No difference in AHI it seems.... whether I use Dreamwear or Nuance Pro masks.

[Image: dEFkY02l.png]

[Image: N68sNK4l.png]

[Image: s2bjyVLl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that's a nice surprise! Acid reflux is better than COPD!

BTW Alka Seltzer GOLD is a nice way to help acid reflux, in my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup Hydrangea... got me worried there for awhile....  luckily the chest x-ray looks healthy.  Too-funny

The ENT doc prescribed to me 20mg Omeprazole.

BTW, the ENT is also my sleep doc. As typical of most of the sleep docs describe here, once he saw my AHI (I showed him one of the high charts at 3.22 AHI), his response was that my sleep apnea was solved and didn't even bother to look in the other stats.
Post Reply Post Reply
st, next time you have a routine exam scheduled, ask for a pulmonary function test. I think it may motivate you to stop smoking ASAP. Your tidal volume is very low for an adult male, and the smoking is going to lead to asthema or some other COPD issue sooner than later. You don't have a lot there to give away. I agree your apnea is clinically well treated and frequent data checking is probably not needed. Weekly review is more than sufficient to spot trends and problems.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I will keep that in mind, already cutting down and planning to stop. What s the normal tidal volume range?
Post Reply Post Reply
Although confirming your AHI is well within the norm and not bothering to look further, may be reassuring. It may not be in your best interest. This is more in the field of a lung guy.

I would like someone clever (not mentioning any names but is well known here) to look at your inverse insp/exp ratio and flow rate, as it appears you are breathing in a lot longer than breathing out
this shows the target range by ideal weight and height, If you are a slight in build, smaller man, it might be fine at 400. the FFM will also give a more accurate number, when it arrives.

http://i.imgur.com/ciLBxT8.jpg?1
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the inverse I:E ratio, but with Philips machines, it is totally unreliable without a closeup of the flow rate chart. Usually, it is the result of a hitch in the expiratory flow pattern. ST8800, if you want to post a 2-minute or less segment of normal breathing flow rate, it will probably show up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, here you go 2 min flow rate:

[Image: SRYoyGel.png]

Stats page:

[Image: 3YHN3Xtl.png]

@ajack : I see. So at 70 inches I should have around 600+ median Tidal Volume.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice flow limitations leading up to the OA! Just sayin' a Resmed Autoset would have stopped that. Smile

Your respiration I/E is normal, and the summary stats are in error. You have a normal short inspiration, followed by a strong exhale, but an extended period of near zero flow. The machine data is counting that null flow as inhale time. The statistic in your case is (as suspected) misleading, and in error.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
when you fixed some mouth breathing, your tidal volume came up a bit. As already shown with the breathing I:E. The machines are indicators and it's not written in stone. At 70" 550-600 would be nice.

I'm guessing and this stuff is a black art to me, I'm not confident to give a valid opinion. It's good to see normal breath patterns being wrongly counted by the machine. If you bring up your insp and exp charts with the flow, It may help you see the machine counting wrong.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 627 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 585 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,074 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.