Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed with Airsense 10 Auto settings
Help needed with Airsense 10 Auto settings
Hi

I've been using the the A10 Auto on full auto settings and my median pressure is around 9.5 with a max of approximately 10.5 and getting AHI readings on Sleepyhead of around 4 + -

But when I decrease the range to 7 min and 12 max I start running into problem. If I get a leak in the mask and then try to readjust the nasal pillows it feels like the machine is fighting me and increasing pressure, and after checking SH it was showing pressures in excess of 14.5

I am wondering if it's got something to do with having the Ramp set to on, or the EPR which is set to 2.

I am using the Resmed P10 which is great, but ..........

If anybody can help with suggestions or would be prepared to take a look at my SD card data to see what I'm doing wrong I would be so grateful.

Thanks in advance

Duncan
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help needed with Airsense 10 Auto settings
(11-13-2014, 04:04 AM)Eurika Wrote: But when I decrease the range to 7 min and 12 max I start running into problem. If I get a leak in the mask and then try to readjust the nasal pillows it feels like the machine is fighting me and increasing pressure, and after checking SH it was showing pressures in excess of 14.5

I am wondering if it's got something to do with having the Ramp set to on, or the EPR which is set to 2.
Nothing to do with SleepyHead (SH), SH only read whatever data is on the SD card

The machine cannot increase pressure more than the maximum set pressure, even if wanted to. Check again pressure setting in the clinical menu
If using EPR 2, SH report EPAP 2 below IPAP, not 2 above
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really new to this and when I try to reduce the difference between the max and min pressures I run into problems.
Should I just leave it on Auto 4 to 20 and let the machine do its thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure understand the problems, the machine do not increase pressure at the first sign of a leak which is a good thing otherwise the pressure can reach the maximum limit at no time

I'm not big fan of 4 to 20 and do not trust this machine to titrate me all night long and figure whats appropriate. I prefer small range like in my profile 9-12 (no ramp or EPR) and let the machine dance all night between those two numbers, cannot go lower than 9 or higher than 12. My leak is small number and AHI is even smaller. The other night, I set the machine at straight 11 and deliver similar results . I'm not saying what to do or not to do, just what I'm comfortable with and works for me ... as the saying goes ... everyone is different

Time for me to go to bed, you should have some early risers to keep your company
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk and sleep well
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. You narrowed the range to 7 - 12 based on the data. (How long did you collect the data?) But the software says that the pressure goes over the 12 and gets as high as 14.5? That'd be weird. Ramp is only involved in the beginning. It starts out at 4 then slowly increases over whatever time you have it set to whatever the lowest pressure is. EPR is the exhalation relief. If you have it set to 2, then it drops the pressure down 2 points when you exhale. So if the pressure is running at, say, 10, then when you exhale, it drops to 8, up to 10 when you breathe in, you get the idea. So neither of those would cause the machine to go over the maximum auto pressure limit.

Could you post a screenshot from SleepyHead?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula02 your comments explain it very well and I understand how the EPR affects the pressure now.
I think I need to just stop fiddling with the machine and get a couple of weeks data on the same settings so that a more relevant set of data can point to the best settings.

Last night, early morning, I woke as I felt myself sleeping with my mouth open, so as you have said previously, no two nights are the same.

Thanks for your help.

D
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a screenshot saved as a .png file and need to figure out how to upload it, but will have to wait as I have to get to work just now.
Not being technically that savvy is starting to show.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2014, 09:02 PM)Eurika Wrote: I have a screenshot saved as a .png file and need to figure out how to upload it, but will have to wait as I have to get to work just now.
Not being technically that savvy is starting to show.

I have set up a profile on photobucket (its free) and you upload your photos there. Then you can get a copy of the link to your photo. Then just paste the link into your post on here.
Just yell Eurika, if you have any dramas with this and i will try and guide you thru.
But you will need to set up an account on there first and upload your photo.

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2014, 04:04 AM)Eurika Wrote: I've been using the the A10 Auto on full auto settings and my median pressure is around 9.5 with a max of approximately 10.5 and getting AHI readings on Sleepyhead of around 4 + -

But when I decrease the range to 7 min and 12 max I start running into problem. If I get a leak in the mask and then try to readjust the nasal pillows it feels like the machine is fighting me and increasing pressure, and after checking SH it was showing pressures in excess of 14.5

Hi Eurika,

Maybe you are confusing settings for Ramp (like Start Pressure) with the settings for Min Pressure and Max Pressure?

You can refer to the Clinician set-up manual to make sure you are changing what you intend to be changing. (You have received the Clinician set-up manual, right?)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,517 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.