Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed with Airsense 10 Auto settings
RE: Help needed with Airsense 10 Auto settings
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the input, I've made a decision to rewind and start again with the data as I mentioned earlier, as I've fiddled with the settings etc so there is no real meaningful data.
Lesson learnt, do things slowly, have patience and listen to the experts on this forum!

D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 01:15 AM)Eurika Wrote: Thanks for all the input, I've made a decision to rewind and start again with the data as I mentioned earlier, as I've fiddled with the settings etc so there is no real meaningful data.

Hi Eurika,

Changing the settings does not make the data unmeaningful. The data for each day also reports the settings used for that day, so you can always see the settings associated with each day of data.

I suggest you list for us all the present settings for your machine, especially the full name (as shown in the Clinical menu on the machine's display) for the settings which you had changed. Then we can check that you are adjusting the right ones.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

I have used dropbox to share files, can I share the SD card data on here? I'll need an e-mail address to share my dropbox folder with, possible or not?

D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 03:37 AM)Eurika Wrote: I have used dropbox to share files, can I share the SD card data on here? I'll need an e-mail address to share my dropbox folder with, possible or not?

Hi Eurika,

Perhaps you can post a screen shot from SleepyHead or ResScan?

Here is a How To help guide on posting links to images:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just returned my s10 due to erratic behavior. My old trusty s9 gave me no head aches after a little tweaking here and there, the s10 gave me fits right and left. I'm gettin a new machine today and I will update as to how that went later.

So if you continue to see non-consistence behavior have the machine checked.

Some of the things that went wrong:

First I noticed real high leaks, my old s9 leaks were 0-4, the new machine were 16-18.

The machine would turn off air flow after I removed my mask when it felt like it. Oh-jeez

It made a very irritating sound that actually would wake me up. It sounded like hearing the fan increase and decrease air flow, never even knew my s9 had a fan or anything it is so quiet.

A lot of rain out. I had to do adjustments on my s9 by trial and error till I got it perfect, the s10 never got any better even on manual mode with me adjusting to my temp in my room (I keep my room really cold).

Any case I love the way the machine looks and how I dont have to get out of bed to check my readings along with the new designed water container.

All I'm saying is just watch the machine and if it does things that don't ring right have it checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 06:43 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: I just returned my s10 due to erratic behavior. My old trusty s9 gave me no head aches after a little tweaking here and there, the s10 gave me fits right and left. I'm gettin a new machine today and I will update as to how that went later.

Before accepting the new replacement machine, perhaps you can ask to have the new machine exchanged for the A10 AutoSet For Her model, which has three therapy modes to choose from (three machines in one): fixed-pressure CPAP mode, standard AutoSet mode, and the new gentler AutoSet For Her mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 06:43 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: I just returned my s10 due to erratic behavior. My old trusty s9 gave me no head aches after a little tweaking here and there, the s10 gave me fits right and left. I'm gettin a new machine today and I will update as to how that went later.

So if you continue to see non-consistence behavior have the machine checked.

Some of the things that went wrong:

First I noticed real high leaks, my old s9 leaks were 0-4, the new machine were 16-18.

The machine would turn off air flow after I removed my mask when it felt like it. Oh-jeez

It made a very irritating sound that actually would wake me up. It sounded like hearing the fan increase and decrease air flow, never even knew my s9 had a fan or anything it is so quiet.

A lot of rain out. I had to do adjustments on my s9 by trial and error till I got it perfect, the s10 never got any better even on manual mode with me adjusting to my temp in my room (I keep my room really cold).

Any case I love the way the machine looks and how I dont have to get out of bed to check my readings along with the new designed water container.

All I'm saying is just watch the machine and if it does things that don't ring right have it checked.

I'm only 5 days into this ,But your machine turning off when you take your mask off sounds like (What I just activated) you have the auto on/off feature set, When you put on your mask the machine senses your breathing and turns on automatically and will shut off when you remove your mask, I like it because there's no need to find the on/off button. As far as rain out if not seen that but they have a heated hose that should correct that problem, not sure about the noise your hearing but I've never heard such a quite machine , my furnace vent blowing are louder. also not sure about your high leaks.
I'm only a few days into tracking , I'm only using there myAir set up for now.
Sorry that machine didn't work for you, I know no other but this one seems to be working fine, the only thing I changed was the EPR from auto2 to auto 3 (thanks to your help), Still learning to get that darn mask to fit right every night.
Sleep well!
Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 09:23 AM)vsheline Wrote:

Before accepting the new replacement machine, perhaps you can ask to have the new machine exchanged for the A10 AutoSet For Her model, which has three therapy modes to choose from (three machines in one): fixed-pressure CPAP mode, standard AutoSet mode, and the new gentler AutoSet For Her mode.

----------
If this machine doesn't work out they will exchange it for whatever model I want, but I have not given up on it yet. Last night my leaks were down to 8 (still high when compared to my S9, but each night it gets lower. My high pressure was 8.5 so it's inching closer to my 11.4 regular high pressure. I do wish I had tried the "her" model to begin with, but oh well, gotta play it out and see what this machine can do.

The rainout still sucks, but I'll figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eurika... A definite YES to slow changes in settings - it takes time for your body to adjust, which affects machine performance and numbers, rinse, repeat.

Points to ponder [realizing that your body, your sleeping environment etc. are unique to YOU]:

Something to look at are the number of obstructive apnea events vs. central and vs. hypopnea events - AHI is a blend of stats.

Sleeping position can make a difference in pressure required - side takes less than back. My curves for the night often reflect whether I spent more than my [normally] small amount of time on my back. Side sleeping definitely moves my pressure range down.

A high leak rate can actually indicate TOO high a pressure setting or range of pressures.

Central apnea numbers can sometimes lessen if minimum pressure and/or pressure range [sliding window] are dropped a bit.

You can have great AHI numbers but still wake up feeling lousy because your PAP system or your surroundings or something else (mental worries?) repeatedly disturbed your sleep...

There's more, but you get the idea... I would suggest that [barring sudden major discomfort due to a setting change] you keep settings changes down to once per week or longer.

And get back to us with progress... there are MANY experienced users here (that make me look like a rank amateur).

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2014, 10:21 PM)rjberube Wrote: A high leak rate can actually indicate TOO high a pressure setting or range of pressures.

A high leak rate indicates a high leak rate and a need for refitting the mask for the higher pressure if the pressure is higher than normal.

My titrated therapy pressure is in what might be called "the too high range" and my mask leaks are just fine.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.