Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed with CPAP therapy
RE: Help needed with CPAP therapy
(06-02-2018, 09:40 PM)crowtor Wrote: I didnt mention this but taking a sleep pill makes my therapy fail too, it relaxes me and everything in my mouth to the point a pressure of 20 wasnt working. I then switched to Vauto and that fixed the problem with falling and staying asleep. 

However i now have hundreds of microarousals a night. The base dose for doxepin is 40mg i take 5mg, id try cutting down on mirtazapine(remeron) in your case, its a very strong sleeping pill. Ten times stronger then doxepin. If I take the minimum recommended dose of 40mg I start to choke at night. Maybe theres something similar for you happening there.

It seems like you have a good point there. I have noticed that I have more snores/issues with Remeron than anything else. I tried other sleep aids (klonopin) and I feel better with those next morning but cannot continue those long term as they are addictive. I will try to check with my doctor if he can prescribe me doxepin.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor asked me to switch to klonopin .5mg and my sleep has improved quite a bit in last couple of days.

I was told by my PCP that I cannot be on Klonopin for long so I have couple of weeks to find other ways. Hopefully, I will taper it off and check if I can sleep without any meds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Things are back to normal. I have reduced my pressure also to 10-15. Thank you all for your help.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news; thanks for sharing! like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,196 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.