Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on "High Pressure Fault" Resmed S9 Auto
Hi !

Please help. My Resmed s9 Auto select prompted me this morning "High Pressure Fault - consult your provider." Since you have a clinician's manual, can you please find out what that means? My cpap machine refuses to work any more.

Many thanks.

Narc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New S9 supplied with clinicians manual
Hi Narcoleptic,
Welcome to Apnea Board!! I can't answer your question, but I know help from other members will be coming soon. It might be good to start a new thread with your question. Something like "Help with High Pressure Fault on Resmed S9 Autoselect". More people will be able to help you if they can see what your problem is. Good luck and hang in there!
Post Reply Post Reply
Narcoleptic,

I do not find any explanation or list of error codes in the clinician's manual. Following Mapnea's suggestion to pose your question in a thread of its own is a good idea and will probably produce more information

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 11:36 PM)MAPnea Wrote: Hi Narcoleptic,
Welcome to Apnea Board!! I can't answer your question, but I know help from other members will be coming soon. It might be good to start a new thread with your question. Something like "Help with High Pressure Fault on Resmed S9 Autoselect". More people will be able to help you if they can see what your problem is. Good luck and hang in there!

(08-14-2014, 10:40 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Narcoleptic,

I do not find any explanation or list of error codes in the clinician's manual. Following Mapnea's suggestion to pose your question in a thread of its own is a good idea and will probably produce more information

Thanks Mapnea. Will figure out how to post the new thread.

(08-14-2014, 10:40 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Narcoleptic,

Hi PaytonA,

Appreciate your looking it up. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
What does this mean? How to fix this? I can't find it in the troubleshooting manual. I hope there is a kind soul out there
willing to share his experience.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help on "High Pressure Fault" Resmed S9 Auto
(08-14-2014, 09:16 PM)Narcoleptic Wrote: What does this mean? How to fix this? I can't find it in the troubleshooting manual. I hope there is a kind soul out there
willing to share his experience.

Thanks.
From: http://www.resmed.com/ap/assets/document...r1_eng.pdf

Displays error message: High temperature fault, refer to user manual
Device has been left in a hot environment.
Allow to cool before re-use. Disconnect the power cord and then reconnect it to restart the device.

Air filter is blocked.
Replace your air filter. Disconnect the power cord and then
reconnect it to restart the device.

Air tubing is blocked.
Check your air tubing and remove any blockages.
Disconnect the power cord and then reconnect it to restart the device.

Humidifier setting is too high, resulting in accumulation of water in the air tubing.
Turn the humidifier setting down and empty the water from the air tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Narcoleptic,

I just googled "High Pressure Fault" ResMed S9 and came up with an answer for you - but I have no idea how to "copy" the answer. SO.. google what I just googled and the "answer" (I think) is on page 26.

Hope this helps - even if it is for a VPAP. Might give you some clue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Narcoleptic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and I hope you gett your machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
A high pressure fault is when the pressure sensor indicates a pressure in excess of 25 cm-H2O.
It could be a machine failure... like failure to close the loop on pressure control; which would indicate a need for service.

Or, a sneeze into the mask while running could over pressure the machine.

Gotta ask Zonk -- why did you go to temperature when the OP was for pressure?
Not a criticism, mate --- just curious.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2014, 11:36 AM)justMongo Wrote: Gotta ask Zonk -- why did you go to temperature when the OP was for pressure?
Not a criticism, mate --- just curious.
Two things
1- This thread is a split thread, when I was posting in the other thread got a message saying something like 'this thread does not exist'.
I had to start all over again and the switch temp/pressure occurred

2- If something can go wrong, it will .... Murphy's Law

Anyway, the S9 user guide ink provided in post #6 , has your answer .. scroll down to "trouble shooting" Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.