Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on choosing AutoCPAP to asses evolution
Help on choosing AutoCPAP to asses evolution
Hello all!

I have been using CPAP for the last 15 years and now I would like to change by myself to an AutoCPAP.  Furthermore, I would like to asses my data to see if I can get some improving by any exercise, therapy, lifestyle adjustment... etc.

Can you please recommend something on the matter, equipment... or some readings in this forum to help me choosing the appropriate machine and software (if needed)?

Many thanks for your kind help

Maldo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help on choosing AutoCPAP to asses evolution
Resmed airsense 10 auto is one has sd card capabilities then look at my signature and download sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day maldo. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I second Gary's recommendation. There are lots of machines on the market but Resmed Airsense and Philips Dreamstation are the two main players. They are both supported by $SleepyHead software, which is incredibly helpful in monitoring your progress and optimising your settings. Here is a good place to start reading: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-machine

Quote:exercise, therapy, lifestyle adjustment... etc.

Hard to say without knowing your circumstances, but in general get enough exercise, eat healthy food in small portions, de-stress, a little bit of alcohol (especially red wine) is said to be good for you but too much isn't. Nothing you haven't heard before! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Both the Philips Dreamstation Auto and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset provide full data and are very respected machines. I think the Resmed is more responsive and comfortable when properly setup. Using an Auto CPAP is not just a matter of turning it on in auto mode, and you need to carefully consider the minimum pressure setpoint along with any exhale relief you may be using.

In terms of acquiring the machine, unless you have great insurance the best prices today seem to be on Amazon, however any of the online suppliers will offer improved warranty and support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll look for it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 729 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Apnea Test Results and Choosing the Right CPAP? dank44 0 407 07-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: dank44
  Help Choosing the Right Machine janelleb1985 4 569 06-07-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Need advice on choosing a new machine Quackdoctor 6 755 03-21-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,610 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  I Suspect My AutoCPAP is Used Dario892 33 2,376 04-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Dario892
  choosing a mask vivian 3 732 09-29-2021, 08:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.