Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on reseting Airsense 10 Autoset
Help on reseting Airsense 10 Autoset
I have run a week now at the CPAP setting of 10, per my Doctors prescription. The results have not been to pretty good. AHI running between 15 and 30. The AHI was made of roughly 1/2 CA and 1/2 OA.

Last two days I took a nap around noon with the machine and the AHI of that hour was around 50 each time. It "appears" to be occurring during REM sleep - if that matters. The AHI was made of roughly 1/2 CA and 1/2 OA.

I thought I would try a nap today with the machine in APAP mode setting 8 to 13. I put in a new blank SD Card (to not mess with my compliance test data at CPAP 10). A 1.5 hour nap resulted in AHI of 5 with 2 CA's and 3 H's. No OAs.

I noticed the machine apparently wrote some of last nights data on the new card? Is this possible?

My question is, is there a way to reset the machine to run a test for a day or two, and have nothing on the cad except that test data. Then reset the machine again and restore the original card and have nothing but that data? So I can run tests and not mix the data from the two.

My intention is to take both cards to the doctor late this week to discuss the results with him. I just want it to be clear what is what.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help on reseting Airsense 10 Autoset
Short answer is NO.

This part is a no-go: "My question is, is there a way to reset the machine to run a test for a day or two, and have nothing on the cad[sic] except that test data. Then reset the machine again and restore the original card and have nothing but that data?"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
No matter that you use two different cards. As soon as you put the SD card back in machine, the Cpap will rewrite all data to card. The data is actually on the machine and writes to the card.

If you try to reset the machine, you will erase "all" data, and won't be able to get it back. The SD card does not write to the machine, the machine writes to the card.

I would just use the one card, and make note of the days of using APAP, so your doctor won't have a problem figuring it out. It shouldn't matter to him/her, especially if you are getting better results.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 12:54 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I would just use the one card, and make note of the days of using APAP, so your doctor won't have a problem figuring it out. It shouldn't matter to him/her, especially if you are getting better results.

Sounds like a plan. I will use the real card. And I am going to see him this week sometime, so it is not like it is a lot of data one way or the other.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 01:00 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 12:54 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I would just use the one card, and make note of the days of using APAP, so your doctor won't have a problem figuring it out. It shouldn't matter to him/her, especially if you are getting better results.

Sounds like a plan. I will use the real card. And I am going to see him this week sometime, so it is not like it is a lot of data one way or the other.

Frank,
It doesn't hurt to have two copies of the SD card.
I have two and every couple weeks, inset the second one in the cpap and let it copy data onto card, then put my first card back in.

I was glad I did this, when about 2 months ago, the original card decided to break apart. Dont-know cant explain it!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 11:13 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: My question is, is there a way to reset the machine to run a test for a day or two, and have nothing on the cad except that test data. Then reset the machine again and restore the original card and have nothing but that data? So I can run tests and not mix the data from the two.

the machine doesn't modify its behavior from day to day based on previous days behavior,

every time you put the mask on and it starts blowing, it's doing it from scratch.

change your settings and whatever, and just make notes of what days it was you did that... though, that data is recorded on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank,

If you use ResScan software, you can do a report and tell it to report only the 2 days that you choose. You might want to get ResScan and do it that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 657 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.