Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Harness replacement
Harness replacement
I have been on my machine for just over 13 months now and at times i think that its time to replace the harness(for want of a better word).

Have just replaced the silicone mask, however I feel the material the harness is made of has stretched. It causes leaks at nights and I have to keep on adjusting it. Tightening the top straps.

Can someone advise how often these harnesses should be replaced or is it a matter of when they have "stretched" too much.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Harness replacement
9 months to a year is about time to replace the headgear
recommend Supplier #2 and Supplier #10 and prices much less less than our local ones
recently bought some supplies from Supplier #10 includes climateline, water tank, mask cushions and headgear and delivered within a week

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi worthog,since you are having to tighten your headgear, You probably are about due to change it. Usually we are encouraged to switch every six months. However, if I'm not having any problems with it, I try to go as long as I can before I change mine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I can recommend Supplier #10 as have used them myself to buy my S9 and mask at greatly reduced prices compared to here in Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in the States, most insurance companies will pay for new headgear every 3 months. Personally, I replace mine every year; I write the in-service date somewhere on the piece so I know when to order a replacement.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2012, 06:18 PM)PollCat Wrote: Here in the States, most insurance companies will pay for new headgear every 3 months.
lucky you. here we get zilch for replacements and just $500 for the machine but there is the rub
have to buy machine locally which is over 2 grands to get the rebate
I,m defecting ... how to get the green card - not so soon Rolling laugh

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2012, 06:37 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 06:18 PM)PollCat Wrote: Here in the States, most insurance companies will pay for new headgear every 3 months.
lucky you. here we get zilch for replacements and just $500 for the machine but there is the rub
have to buy machine locally which is over 2 grands to get the rebate
I,m defecting ... how to get the green card - not so soon Rolling laugh

Why worry about the rebate when you can buy online from the States for less than half the price you pay in Australia and you don't need a prescription
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Ive just ordered a new harness from Supplier #10 - $26 plus $14-60 postage.

Will post the results once it arrives and I have tried it

Thanks everyone
Happy sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Like PollCat said, the replacement schedule for the mask is once every 3 months. That's the standard set by medicare, so lots of U.S. insurance companies follow it.

They also change nasal pillows every two weeks. That's crazy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new headgear arrived and damm its the wrong one.

I didnt read the small print when I ordered it, which said it does not work with the Quattro FX mask. This is written in very small print, watch out

i ordered and received the Mirage Quattro multi fit, part number 16117 when it should of been Quattro FX part number 61733 (medium size)

So guess I will ring Resmed in Sydney and see if they will swap it for me

A catch for all Quattro FX users - be aware
Happy sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,075 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,907 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 265 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.