Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on setting up my S8
Help on setting up my S8
Hi there
I had been using an old cpap machine (Resmed Autoset T) for around 12 years until it recently gave up the ghost and I purchased a second hand S8 autoset II yesterday

I was using my old machine in autoset mode
The S8 is set to CPAP mode for the previous person
I downloaded the clinitian manual for the S8 and noticed I can choose between CAPAP mode and Autoset mode

The trouble is that the S8 appears to be locked in CPAP mode with the menu not offering a "change" option when CPAP mode appears in settings

Just wondering if anyone is aware of how to get the S8 to change to Autoset mode from here?

Is there some function that enables the clinitian to lock the machine into CPAP mode only, preventing the user from altering the settings?

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help on setting up my S8
If you read the clinical manual and can get into the clinical menu the directions in the manual should tell you how to change to AUTO. You have to follow the manual instructions to enter the clinical menu. Good luck.. The S8 is a fine machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that

The manual only says to follow the menus in settings until I come to the CPAP entry. At this point there should be an option to select "change"which presumably would allow me to then select Autoset.

The problem is that when the CPAP setting is displayed, there is no change option appearing so I can't change the machine to Autoset mode

It's as if the machine is locked to CPAP only

Frustrating
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can get into the clinical menu you can change any setting. There is no lock.

To change the therapy mode to auto:
Hold down the down arrow and right arrow buttons for three seconds.
CLINICAL/menu (left arrow)
SETTINGS/enter (left arrow)
MODE:XXXXX/change (left arrow)
Use the up and down arrows to select the correct mode.
apply (left arrow)
exit (right arrow) three times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pxmog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck on setting your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
S8 setup video
http://vimeo.com/19565675

setup instruction (section one)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

ResMed S8 Compact, S8 Elite, S8 AutoSet Vantage & AutoSet Spirit:
Press the right and down arrows simultaneously for about 3 seconds until the word "clinical" appears. Select Menu, then use the left and right arrows to cycle through the settings. Use the up and down arrows to make adjustments.

follow the instruction to get into the clinical menu and you should be able change to autoset mode
if for some reason you do the change and somehow revert back to the old settings than maybe the setting locked on the card
if this is the case unplug the machine .... take the card out and plug back ... make the change and if its ok than leave the card out and get a new card if you have the card reader
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with zonk. Is there a memory card in it? If so, take it out. See if you can set it then.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 does not retain the data card. You do not leave it in the machine while using it, unlike an SD card. You insert it, the data is copied to it within 10 or 15 seconds, and then the display tells you to remove the card. If you don't remove it, the machine will never write to it again, until you remove it and reinsert it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 04:09 PM)big_dave Wrote: The S8 does not retain the data card.
thanks. 5 mins into the above vimeo video will show how to change the setting to autoset mode

pxmog - watch the video .. would take you through the machine settings and how to access the data on the machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,001 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 513 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.