Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on stats: what's wrong?
RE: Help on stats: what's wrong?
Looks great to me. Try setting EPR to 3 and increase minimum pressure to 9.0. That should make breathing easier and more comfortable. With EPR at 3, your exhale pressure will actually drop to 6.0, but inhale pressure will maintain between 9 and 12.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I see what you mean. The mask pressure graph trace looks "furry". Was that what you meant? My machine doesn't provide that information, so I'm not used to seeing it.

(06-05-2016, 01:16 PM)justMongo Wrote: To me, looking at the high sample rate pressure data, it appears that EPR may be enabled; but I cannot be 100% certain.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh. Anyone, is it typical for respiration rate to jump up to 30-40 like that? I still haven't seen that many people's data other than my own, and 20 is a high value for me.

Are those recovery breaths?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 05:16 PM)green wings Wrote: I think I see what you mean. The mask pressure graph trace looks "furry". Was that what you meant? My machine doesn't provide that information, so I'm not used to seeing it.

Exactly.

Quote:Oh. Anyone, is it typical for respiration rate to jump up to 30-40 like that?

Payton and I have seen it on our VPAPs. We concluded that when the flow data gets ragged (usually do to a flow limitation) the machine may false trigger back to IPAP before it should. This doubles the actual respiration rate perceived by the machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see a 5 to 10 minute clip of the data. We could get a better idea what is going on during those high respiration rate moments. One machine that I had drove my rate to 40 for extended periods. I sent that one back. This time I am beginning to suspect (agree with) periods of dreaming and light sleep.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

On another board, I got the advice to increase my min pressure. I set it to 10.6 last night and feel great this morning. I'm about to travel. When I'm back I'll look into posting the detailed stats Richb asked for.

CrimsonNape, why did you ask about dreaming? I don't dream (rarely remember them, so I may be dreaming of course). I did have a dream last night, close to waking time, which is so rare.

I don't use EPR (it bothered me and I disabled it)
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 115 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 421 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 378 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,206 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 565 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 445 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,664 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.