Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help on stats: what's wrong?
Help on stats: what's wrong?
Hi,

I am struggling with the treatment. Yesterday I was very sleepy and had a bad night. This morning I woke feeling like I was "suffocating" (bit dramatic as an expressing, but I woke feeling like I struggled for air).

I'm including the stats here. Hope some of you more experienced wizards can focus my attention on what could be wrong.

One night ago:

[Image: QELAjqG.png]

[Image: 6FT45Wo.png]

[Image: ZWquEda.png]

[Image: TFAQSyn.png]

[Image: KQVS1oE.png]

Last night (I woke up feeling like I had been struggling for air, so the last part might be relevant)

[Image: IgnjWgd.png]

[Image: Qs3oX7T.png]

[Image: 9ezWAmI.png]

[Image: sWDmDQB.png]

[Image: 6IDB19W.png]

Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help on stats: what's wrong?
I'm not seeing anything wrong; nor any reason for you to have a "bad Night."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I as well don't see anything that would cause a bad night in your posted stats. You have a few Hypos and Centrals that seem to be related to increases in pressure but they are few and far between. Another thing to look at is whether the night you posted is much different from other nights graph wise.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
to me it seems that if something is wrong, it is very technical and there are those here that can address that, just not me.
It does look like you are spending a lot of time very near your max of 12, snoring going on and that could be disruptive. I would consider raising your upper pressure and see if you can knock out the snores without introducing any centrals. You numbers of course are fine.

It could be one of several things:
1. technical as above, others will comment
2. a comfort setting is making you uncomfortable: EPR, humidity, temperature-you may need BiLevel AirCurve VAuto
3. any reason you might have COPD? Getting treated for COPD solved a lot of my CPAP problems.

"struggling with the treatment" just means you are not the "default" user
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) setting? I am not very familiar with ResMed machines; I couldn't figure out what your EPR was from your attachments.

Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't appear that he is using EPR, or it would show under the stats on the left under EPAP readings. EPAP appears the same as IPAP pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know a lot about nasal pillows masks. I am trying out the Pilairo. What I have found is if I do not get the mask aligned just right, it makes it difficult for me to breathe. Is it possible that some movement during the night knocked your pillows out of alignment causing the breathing difficulty?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 11:48 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not know a lot about nasal pillows masks. I am trying out the Pilairo. What I have found is if I do not get the mask aligned just right, it makes it difficult for me to breathe. Is it possible that some movement during the night knocked your pillows out of alignment causing the breathing difficulty?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I've had the same experience Payton is having with his Pilairo when I'm using my AirFit P10.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 11:27 AM)green wings Wrote: What is your EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) setting? I am not very familiar with ResMed machines; I couldn't figure out what your EPR was from your attachments.

The machine settings were cut off the image (cropped). (See bottom left of image.) To me, looking at the high sample rate pressure data, it appears that EPR may be enabled; but I cannot be 100% certain.

Permit me to add a comment on pressure. There is some flow limitation and snore. A bump up in min pressure might reduce that. The machine is also running out of headroom at the top of the pressure range (limited by max pressure.) Still, with the event rates, I don't see good reason to move the pressures.

And, the OP is presenting data from 2 days approximately 7 weeks apart. Although a little different -- there is no remarkable difference.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you having dreams? Looking at your breathing patterns, it doesn't look like you're getting into a deeper sleep.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 348 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,152 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,509 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,463 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.