Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, panic with full face mask during ramp phase
RE: Help, panic with full face mask during ramp phase
(11-26-2012, 03:34 PM)IDRIck Wrote: Can some one give me directions? I know how to adjust the ramp time and how to get into the clinician settings to adjust start pressure but could not find anything that suggested turning ramp on and off. Thanks!
hope you can understand ... sometimes cannot understand own writing Too-funny
once you set 30 mins max ramp in the clinical menu .... it allows to adjust ramp time between off and 30 mins from home screen menu

turn push dial to display RAMP .... press push dial and color change to orange
turn push dial to make any changes and when done .. press push dial to exit and color change to blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Really? Need to go check that! I know that's how you set the humidifier, didn't think Ramp was that easy! Cool.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, you can turn the Ramp adjustment from its maximum allowed all the way to off from the Patient Menu by just turning the knob one more click (CCW) past 5 min, the next step/click is Off, no need to enter the Clinician Menu unless you want to turn it off and remove the option from the Patient Menu entirely (like I did).

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies! Hat tip to TheWerkz, easy solution! LOL, I was so close, I should have tried turning the knob one more notch...

Great point PaulaO2, don't make too many changes at one time... One must practice good science and take notes, I'm starting a small journal on the cpap results and any changes...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2012, 05:35 PM)IDRIck Wrote: Thanks for the replies! Hat tip to TheWerkz, easy solution! LOL, I was so close, I should have tried turning the knob one more notch...

Great point PaulaO2, don't make too many changes at one time... One must practice good science and take notes, I'm starting a small journal on the cpap results and any changes...

IDRIck,

SleepyHead has a great Journal feature along with a slider to indicate how you felt that day, from "Zombie to Awesome", whenever you make a journal entry it shows-up on the "Daily" tab calendar by making the date number bold so you can then click any bold date to read your notes, I make notes whenever I change my filter or mask cushion etc.

The days listed in blue have data and the days in black indicate there's no data (yet) but you can still make a journal entry and indicate how you feel etc before you've downloaded your data for those days where you've made an entry, I do it all the time and then download my data every few days or at most every 7 days since I want to have all the high resolution data in SleepyHead and ResScan, the S9 only stores the high-resolution data for the last 7 days.

You can review by clicking on the Notes tab and then start clicking whatever day you want to see your notes you've written, I really wish SleepyHead had a provision to indicate whenever you changed the filter and then a reminder when it's due to change again, it's not simple to set the due dates on the S9 since it requires going into the Clinician Menu.

SleepyHead will automatically show the date and any pressure setting changes that were made on the Statistics tab under "Changes to Prescription Settings" in the middle of the page.

If you're using ResScan 4.1 too, there is a "Notes" feature but it's not as simple to use or review as the SleepyHead Journal, it's more likely used by a DME technician to remember something from a previous visit or to make a reminder for a future visit regarding a patient's therapy.

Sorry if this is long-winded, I've worked with a lot of software in the last 23 years and I've spent many hours with both programs and SleepyHead wins hands-down for a single-patient-monitoring-your-own-progress application, ResScan is designed for a DME to keep track of hundred's of patient's and it has great reporting capabilities but, ResScan is very "kludgy" (technical term) when it comes to zooming-in or out while viewing events or flow patterns, SleepyHead is as easy as it gets, left-click zoom-in, right-click zoom-out, nicely done.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey TheWerkz,

Awesome, informative post, thanks!!! I've downloaded my first week of data into both ResScan (v3.16) and Sleepyhead (v0.9.1 beta). Based on your post, I'm going to keep my notes on sleepyhead. Boy, lots of data to absorb... :-) I did notice that I typically have an increased respiration rate and an increased tidal volume when restarting after a bathroom break (an expected result if one feels panicky or like they're suffocating). It will be interesting to see how this changes over time with the higher start pressure.

BTW, using technical terms like "kludgy" was most helpful... ;-)

Best,

Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2012, 07:19 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: I do it all the time and then download my data every few days or at most every 7 days since I want to have all the high resolution data in SleepyHead and ResScan, the S9 only stores the high-resolution data for the last 7 days.

I guess that's one advantage that Respironics has, I can wait as long as I want to download the data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 11:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 07:19 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: I do it all the time and then download my data every few days or at most every 7 days since I want to have all the high resolution data in SleepyHead and ResScan, the S9 only stores the high-resolution data for the last 7 days.

I guess that's one advantage that Respironics has, I can wait as long as I want to download the data.

Wow, I didn't know any machine stored everything for an unlimited duration, I guess they're (ResMed) compromising between how much data to store on a 1GB SD card.

I've been really happy that my S9 holds 7 days of high-resolution data, 30 days of detailed data and 365 days of usage, AHI, pressure, and leak data AND I can download the data myself but I'll lose the high-resolution details if I wait longer than 7 days to download it, it rolls-off FIFO.

My previous machine (S8 AutoSet II) may it RIP only kept 4 days of detailed data and 180 summary sessions, plus, I had to drive 15 miles each way to my DME to copy the data from a smartcard (that was really dumb) to my flash drive and then bring it home to import it into ResScan since I didn't have the proprietary smartcard reader.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2012, 02:26 AM)TheWerkz Wrote: Wow, I didn't know any machine stored everything for an unlimited duration, I guess they're (ResMed) compromising between how much data to store on a 1GB SD card.

As far as I know PRS1 machines store all the data until the card is full.

The only exception I've seen is that if I forget to put the card back in the machine before I go to sleep then only compliance data gets written to the card when it's next inserted. Something like that, anyway. I haven't been able to fully confirm that but I have lost data a few times. I thought it was a SleepyHead bug but others have told it may be because I forgot to insert the card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 08:48 PM)IDRIck Wrote: Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone! I'll start by lowering the ramp up time to 30 minutes and I will try it without the ramp (after the initial ramp up to go to sleep). Very interesting observations by Paula, I seem to be following a similar pattern of getting used to the target pressure. It is a huge blessing to have people to talk to about these issues!

All the best,

Rick

After a while the ramp became annoying so now I rarely touch it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.