Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help please - SleepyHead fault
Help please - SleepyHead fault
Hi everyone

I have a Dreamstation Pro and use SleepyHead.  It has always worked well up until today.  My Dreamstation shows that I slept for 9.7 hours last night (with about 40 min nap in the afternoon as well) and that my AHI was 1.9.  When I uploaded my data from my SD card onto SleepyHead it showed the same thing, BUT when I went back to have a closer look, all the data had changed and it now says that I only slept for 1 hour 58 min and that my AHI was 1.01.  I have screenshot my data from SleepyHead as you will see from the daily information that it shows I slept for 7 hours and 37 min so guessing there is a glitch.  Question is, how do I fix this?

Thanks for your help   

[attachment=8060][attachment=8059]

[attachment=8061] 
[attachment=8062] 
[attachment=8063]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help please - SleepyHead fault
After uninstalling twice and found that made no difference, I discovered that SleepyHead had turned off my 7 hours and 30 min as part of my sleep for that night, no idea why as that has never happened before.  Anyway, I turned it on and low and behold, my data is now showing the correct info.  Such a relief!

[attachment=8064]
Post Reply Post Reply
Sessions can be inadvertently shut off in Sleepyhead and this will limit the summary totals. Session information is in the left column of detailed information at the bottom, and appear as yellow or white bars with the time session noted. They toggle on and off with a click. Just make sure all sessions are highlighted.

Please take a look at my signature on how to organize and post charts. You are doing a lot more work than necessary copying the images into Word. Simply pressing F12 stores the image in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profile/Screenshots.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Molly, I've had that happen and it was very confusing.  Sleeprider put his finger on the cause.  Here's a picture of the area he's talking about if it isn't clear to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much, Sleeprider.  It is just weird how it changed itself as one moment it was there and the next it had turned itself off.  At least now I know where to look.  And just to try out screenshotting, I will put a screenshot here

[attachment=8078]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on the screenshot Molly. That makes it so much easier! We can ignore VS2, and your AHI is pretty acceptable. It would be nice if we can get fewer events, but it's pretty clear that events are evenly distributed between OA, H and CA. This looks like you are into fine-tuning mode now where small pressure increases like 0.5 cm or even changing the Flex settings could make a difference for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2018, 11:25 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can ignore VS2, and your AHI is pretty acceptable.  It would be nice if we can get fewer events, but it's pretty clear that events are evenly distributed between OA, H and CA.  This looks like you are into fine-tuning mode now where small pressure increases like 0.5 cm or even changing the Flex settings could make a difference for you.

Yeah I am happy with my AHI although I like it more when it is below 1 Bigwink  I recently turned on the C-flex+  and it is so much more comfortable now.  So I don't need to worry about the snoring?  My sleep tech told me I shouldn't be snoring when using my cpap.  I am really happy the RERA is very low now and I feel a bit more rested.

[attachment=8099]
Post Reply Post Reply
Molly, you can turn off VS2 as it is basically meaningless. Turn on VS events which are snores that raise pressure. The VS event is real snores the machine responds to. VS2 can be artifacts in the room such as your hose dragging on a table or bedside, vibrations in the mask and to be honest, we don't really know what VS2 is because Philips does not document it's basis.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I have turned VS2 off and VS on :Smile I like the look of that better as there are no snores haha 

[attachment=8110]
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.