Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
Surprised 
Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
I am returning for help. Husband started wearing CPAP last February and has been pretty consistent at the use. His readings always say his AHI is WAY TOO HIGH. It is still in the 20 range. His pressure has been adjusted many times but the results are still high. I have called and spoken to the DR. office numerous times and they did do another sleep study. I have asked for someone to explain why his numbers are still very high and to tell us what he can do to correct the problem. The answer has been to have him sleep on his side and keep the mask leakage lower. Great - have tried several things but his numbers are still very high. I have gone to You Tube and watched the sessions by Jason. I need someone to help me read my husbands charts and then give me some advice. I have his records on SleepyHead and am willing to share those with someone who can help explain them. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
I've moved your thread here to the main forum where it can get more attention.

I recommend you follow this advice to post your SleepyHead data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The links in my signature can help you to organize and post the data, and the Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead can help you interpret what is going on. I'll be glad to help in any way possible if we can look at the data. He has the Dreamstation Auto, so there should be a clue there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I HAVE PUT THE SCREENS IN ORDER AND THEN DID A SCREEN SHOT. HAVE TRIED TO BRING THE INFO INTO THIS SITE. UNABLE TO BREAK THE CODE. GETTING TO STRESSED TO FIGURE THIS OUT RIGHT NOW. WILL GO FIX DINNER AND TRY THIS AGAIN TOMORROW. DID GET IMAGE TO IMGUR - BUT THEN ???? NOW SCREEN TELLS ME I HAVE EXCEEDED MY ATTACHMENT QUOTA. NOT SURE WHAT GOT ATTACHED.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll send you an email address by private message. Drop whatever you want in there, and I'll post it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have received the data from Frustrated Wife's husband and done some preliminary review. The results are some of the highest rates of repetitive apnea events and periodic breathing with the gradual waxing and waning characteristic of Cheyne Stokes Respiration that I have seen for quite a long time. These problems point to possible heart issues, and I have strongly recommended obtaining a referral to a cardiologist. I have asked the original poster if we may post the images in this thread and discuss the findings. I could use some second and third opinions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I will be glad to take a look.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Most certainly you can share his readings. He is in the care of a cardiologist and has been for many years. He has a mitrol valve prolapse and is in constant irregular heart beat. Perhaps it does show up in his sleep pattern. It was a year ago in November that he ended up in the hospital due to a build up of fluids in his lungs because his heart ejection fraction was low and his heart was not putting out enough oxygenated blood. It was after that episode that the sleep study was done. I have felt that the CPAP has not achieved all that it could. I have recorded his readings daily and know that there have been very few days that the AHI has been in the 10 or below range. When contacting the Doctors office and inquiring, they have seemed unconcerned. His best reading was on May 30 when we were on a vacation trip to New York. He was so tired I do not think he moved once he hit the bed. I thank you and anyone else who is willing to go over his records and give us your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little more information. My husband will soon be 82. He is 6'3'' and is slender. He is a hard worker. We have been married 56 years so I know this guy pretty good. We live in a solar home off grid on a tree farm in Northern California. He enjoys running his backhoe and always has a project going. He does fall asleep easily when watching TV or any time he is sitting down. That is another one of those reasons why he had a sleep study. The CPAP treatment has not reduced this from happening. Another reason I do not think he is getting all the benefits of wearing the mask.
I am sure looking forward to getting an evaluation from this group. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Frustrated. You have already begun to answer some of the questions that several of us would be asking. Cardiac issues are sometimes associated with Central Apnea. We might be able to suggest some fine tuning of machine settings that could reduce the incidence of Apneas but there is some suggestion from researchers that certain types of Central Apnea are one of the body's adaptive responses to Congestive Heart Failure. Your husband may need to be in closer touch with his cardiologist. Treating Congestive Heart Failure (improving the ejection fraction) could also improve the apnea.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,324 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 23 544 03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 171 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 931 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.