Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
That data is pretty convincing. Merry Christmas.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post from Imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
Let me just add that this graphic shows your husbands prescription has been changed many times. If you didn't do it , the doctor's office did. With all the prescription permutations, his best results were at 13 cm and resulted in 8.3 events per hour rather than the usual 20-30. He might do better at 14 cm pressure, but we won't know until we see it.

Your husband's breathing waveform suggests advanced congestive heart failure, and that's not something we can change, except to make him as comfortable as possible. I hope you will try to do that, even if his doctor's office is not interested. At least your doctor's office should offer to monitor his SpO2 to see how dangerous his nightly oxygen desaturations are. You are his only advocate. You will have to fight for this.
Worst case, we don't resolve the apnea with CPAP, but he gets supplemental O2.

[Image: dncrZ4Gl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - Duane's pressure was changed to 8cm as was suggested in Post 16. I see that pressure of 12 or 13 may be better but thought we could see what would happen at the lower 8 which is what was the original number when he started in February 2016.

His numbers are still not great - But the pie charts have changed. I have also made him a pillow backpack to wear to help him stay on his side.

On post 20 there is a reference to Cheyne- Strokes Respiration. I went back to his report from his original report from the sleep study on Dec. 17, 2015. It says there is NO cardiac arrhythmias, Cheyne-Stokes breathing, hypoventilation or periodic breathing were noted. I am going to email you a copy of that report for your advice.

All of the changes in his pressure settings have been because I call the Dr. office and tell them his AIH numbers are still high and the DreamMapper says I should contact his doctor. They then call for his report and will make the change. I would like to be able to learn to do the settings myself and I see that there is a guide that I can get from this board that could teach me how to do it.

Duane has had an oxygen overnight test and it showed his O2 is OK. So we discontinued his use of oxygen at night or at any time. The equipment was returned many months ago.

I do not remember how to send you his current readings. Please renew the process I need to follow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Look at the bottom of post #22 for instructions on posting readings and graphs to Imgur. Congestive Heart Failure does not necessarily involve arrhythmias. Here is a list of many of the symptoms of CHF from the Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20029801 You can add Cheyne Stokes Respiration to the list as well. Has your husband seen a cardiologist lately? There are many treatments for CHF that could also reduce the Central Apnea.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post from Imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope he is comfortable. He deserves closer attention from professionals that should be looking to optimize his respiratory efficiency. I'll look at what you send.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] AHI reading , unable to read Kazzman 7 145 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Head Cold from CPAP? vailgal 14 539 12-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  CPAP in High Altitidue - Own Experience dfctr 4 135 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Last Post: dfctr
  Yet Another High AHI thread jwolf 4 224 11-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? SWsabre 11 335 11-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SWsabre
  High CA in PSG and with Bipap J Duffy 62 1,311 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Last Post: J Duffy
  Why High AHI using DreamStation vs AirSense 10?? Fixit50 20 936 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Shin Ryoku