Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading my Oscar Results
RE: Help reading my Oscar Results
Okay great will do! I also will be receiving my full sleep report from the hospital at some point today so that might give me a little more information! Thanks again for your guys help you people are awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2022, 09:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote: To verify, the FL are driving your pressure up to maximum, and you are probably experiencing arousals that you don't remember, but does affect how you feel the next day.

If your willing to experiment, let's narrow the pressure a little more.  
Try a minimum of 7cm with a maximum of 9cm.  Try to keep EPR at 1.

Results from last night.....Woke up and stomach was pretty uncomfortable just from a max pressure of 9 not sure why this is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Line up your Pressure graph with the Flow Limitation graph.  Remember that flow limitation drives the pressure to whatever your maximum is set at.  And it seems you're experiencing Aerophagia at 9cm.  

I thought maybe the auto mode with a narrower range may work, but you may want to go back to a static pressure.  

Stay in the Auto Mode, but set your pressure to 7 min - 7 max.  Keep EPR at 1 for now.
We can titration upwards in small increments depending on what pressure starts causing Aerophagia.  

Taming the Swallowing of Air should be priority over your AHI reading.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2022, 07:59 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Line up your Pressure graph with the Flow Limitation graph.  Remember that flow limitation drives the pressure to whatever your maximum is set at.  And it seems you're experiencing Aerophagia at 9cm.  

I thought maybe the auto mode with a narrower range may work, but you may want to go back to a static pressure.  

Stay in the Auto Mode, but set your pressure to 7 min - 7 max.  Keep EPR at 1 for now.
We can titration upwards in small increments depending on what pressure starts causing Aerophagia.  

Taming the Swallowing of Air should be priority over your AHI reading.

Just curious is there a reason for leaving it on Auto with 7-7 wouldn’t that be the same as setting it on Cpap mode with a constant pressure or 7? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Old habits. Older models reported more charts in Auto mode so most of us prefer to stay in Auto mode. Specifically Flow limits were not reported when in CPAP mode so if we don't see them we start troubleshooting why. From a therapy point of view it makes no difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Help analyzing home sleep study
been trying Cpap therapy and it hasn’t been very successful currently my pressure is on 7 using resumed 10 auto set per 1

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help analyzing home sleep study
Do you have a couple nights OSCAR charts at 7cmw?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed10user - Since your two threads deal with your therapy, I have merged them for easier reference to your historical data. I will be following this post up with a PM to you about this merge.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 988 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.