Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
Ohmy 
Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
I'm new to the Apnea Board (joined Oct 19) and to Oscar software, although I've been in treatment for OSA for 2 years now.  Even the limited experience I've had with Oscar and with the board has been very enlightening and had generated questions I'd like to have answered.  I'd like to post my story, but would like to do so with some degree of proficiency.  Right now I am having trouble with the display of my measured parameters in the Oscar software.  The Y-axis titles superimpose on the Y-axis numeric labels making both near possible to read.  It doesn't make sense to share my daily views broadly with others in this state.  Can you help me correct some setting in the software configuration or on my Windows Display settings that might resolve this issue.  

Also, I have not figured out how to create a signature yet.  Do I do that with the Notepad?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Display of Y-axis titles superimposed on y-axis numeric lables
Welcome to the forum.

I'd like you to reduce your EPR from 3 to 1 and see if that reduces your Central Apnea.

Your OA is clustered, but mostly near a break in therapy. Clustering implies a tucking of the chin. I'd like to see if this pattern persists in more daily charts before working on it.

Look in preferences to alter fonts and font sizes in the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted the image to show you the graphical problem I was having.  I had been to the preferences page and made attempts to change fonts and sizes, but was unsuccessful.  It turns out the preference dialog box was to large and dipped under my screen area so I wasn't seeing the "OK" button.  Since you sent me back there and it made sense that that would help, I looked harder and found the "OK" button.  Once I found that and the changes I made took, the graphs appear great.   Smile

Regarding your recommendation, I'm amazed.  You had one randomly selected image to work from and you basically have read my mind.  I have other examples, one with 121 total clustered CA events that I plan on sharing.  In the meantime, I will try the recommended change.   Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have a very early version of OSCAR, you should be able to drag the boundary of the left column to the left, giving more space for the graphs. You could also drag the right edge of the window father right to make more space. Most things are pretty adjustable, but things can get squashed as the limits are approached.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clustering of CA events means very little. If they decrease in response to the reduction in EPR that means that your machine is operating too efficiently and is washing out too much CO2 from your blood thus meaning you have no need to breathe, we know better than that.

Clustering of Obstructive events means that you need to add a soft cervical collar to your routine to prevent the chin from tucking. I want to see a consistent issue with that before I ask you to add another device to your routine. It is effective in a lot of people that need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 05:04 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Unless you have a very early version of OSCAR, you should be able to drag the boundary of the left column to the left, giving more space for the graphs. You could also drag the right edge of the window father right to make more space. Most things are pretty adjustable, but things can get squashed as  the limits are approached.

Sherwoga is experiencing a display problem, where the chart labels are over the y-axis scale.  I can move the left column any distance left and right and not have this problem.  In addition, only LL, CA, and OA are being displayed, so we wat to be sure that hypopnea and RERA are also displayed.  I suspect the AHI is higher. 

Including the Hypopnea and other events is easy. You need to look at events on the lower left of the charts and be sure all are selected to display (green), and switch any red event types.  The display problem may be a bug.  What is your computer operating system and display resolution?  This may be as simple as using the view menu to reset graph layout.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My display problem is resolved. Bonjour's suggestion led me to discover that the "OK" button to complete a change in font and font size in the Preferences Dialog box was/is below the bottom edge of my screen area. That continues to be annoying but I can live with it.

I have two screens set up in Extended mode and that may well be what is causing the OK button to be hidden.

Now I have changed font size and font AND hit the OK button to complete the change successfully. My graphs look great now. Thanks to all for advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
Quote:RE: Display of Y-axis titles superimposed on y-axis numeric lables
Welcome to the forum.

I'd like you to reduce your EPR from 3 to 1 and see if that reduces your Central Apnea.

Your OA is clustered, but mostly near a break in therapy. Clustering implies a tucking of the chin. I'd like to see if this pattern persists in more daily charts before working on it.

Look in preferences to alter fonts and font sizes in the charts.

Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

[url=https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR][/url]11-06-2019, 02:53 PM
I just posted the image to show you the graphical problem I was having.  I had been to the preferences page and made attempts to change fonts and sizes, but was unsuccessful.  It turns out the preference dialog box was to large and dipped under my screen area so I wasn't seeing the "OK" button.  Since you sent me back there and it made sense that that would help, I looked harder and found the "OK" button.  Once I found that and the changes I made took, the graphs appear great.   [Image: smile.gif]

Regarding your recommendation, I'm amazed.  You had one randomly selected image to work from and you basically have read my mind.  I have other examples, one with 121 total clustered CA events that I plan on sharing.  In the meantime, I will try the recommended change.   [Image: okay.gif]

Bonjour (and others),

Reporting success with your recommended changes.  See screen captures for the last two nights of sleep data from my AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP.  First one shows zero OA events (first night with EPR changed rom 3 to 1).  Second also has OAs ↓, but does record a couple of OA events (last night).  CA events seem to be open to continuing questions, but I will wait until I have seen a lot more data to address them from my end. If in the meantime, you see something that needs to be and can be easily addressed, I will gladly receive you advice. Also, please advise if I can do a better job with the screen captures.  

I was going to make my first significant post a Recap of my Sleep Apnea Journey with lots of the gory details and lots of data.  Doing so now seems anticlimactic.  Your advice has already proven extremely useful and the need for more may just not exist.  

I've observed that there is a suggested location for recording one's story.  I'll peruse that area and try to better understand how sharing one's story is useful to the poster or to other board participants before doing so, if in fact I ever do post my recap.

In the meantime, I am greatly encouraged by these initial, apparently successful improvements.  Again, my thanks.   like

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
I would ignore the cluster of centrals at the end of your night. Ther are likly because you are waking up and we frequently call the SWJ, Sleep Wake Junk.
Your numbers are good which means don't chase them seeking the elusive zero. Rather make changes based on how you feel, comfort and symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 10:38 AM)bonjour Wrote: I would ignore the cluster of centrals at the end of your night.  Ther are likly because you are waking up and we frequently call the SWJ, Sleep Wake Junk.
Your numbers are good which means don't chase them seeking the elusive zero.  Rather make changes based on how you feel, comfort and symptoms.

Okay.  I can report some significant improvement in how sleep I feel throughout the day, especially when I awake (very refreshed) and through most of the day.  I did still get very sleepy in the evening hours long before bedtime.  But, I overwhelmed with the improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 557 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Looking for help in refining settings TBrobbs 57 1,574 4 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,516 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 857 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.