Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
(11-17-2019, 01:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 10:36 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The parts are available online from a number of sources.  The whisper swivel vent/valve, and Corr-a-Flex tubing and silicone. The biggest problem is finding what you need in small quantities.  CORR A FLEX is cheap at $20 per 100 feet, but you only eed 6 to 12 inches.   I think sending a PM to those that have built systems (Slowriter, Foxfire, Joeywallaby) might help. or even starting a thread to ask for ideas on sourcing materials. I would like to see these fabrications split into their own thead anyway. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid316312

I hooked him up with the parts, since I don't need EERS.

But I also encouraged him to start a new thread, per this suggestion, and maybe post some pics of the mod, as will raise the visibility, and make it easier for others to experiment.

BTW, it's not hard to find the parts in small quantities on a certain auction site.

You are allowed to name any supplier or auction site, as long as you don't link.  For example, "look for CORR A Flex on Ebay".  I often include seller names, prices and other details to make a search easier.  Thanks for helping out.

Good to know.

I've taken the "if in doubt don't" approach after getting dinged for a violation I think was excessive.

Maybe if the OP (or someone else) starts a new thread, we can add a list of these resources.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
If I see a good set of specific instructions and illustrations, they will likely become a wiki article
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 01:55 PM)bonjour Wrote: If I see a good set of specific instructions and illustrations, they will likely become a wiki article

Makes sense.

I can provide the eBay search terms here:
  • Respironics Whisper Swivel II
  • Fisher & Paykel Oracle 452 Flexitube Kit (includes the safety valve, which I couldn't find on its own)
  • Hudson RCI CORR-A-FLEX Corrugated Tubing  72 in
That covers everything except the silicone, which you can get from drug store silicone ear plugs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 01:55 PM)bonjour Wrote: If I see a good set of specific instructions and illustrations, they will likely become a wiki article

Makes sense.

• Fisher & Paykel Oracle 452 Flexitube Kit (includes the safety valve, which I couldn't find on its own)
That covers everything except the silicone, which you can get from drug store silicone ear plugs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 02:39 PM)slowriter Wrote:

Makes sense.

Added to wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...on_of_EERS
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 03:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 02:39 PM)slowriter Wrote:

Makes sense.

Actually, there's one thing I forgot, and forgot to mention to the OP:

The picture on the wiki page shows a 5913 connector to attach the safety valve to the tube. I wasn't able to figure out what that was, or how to find it, and never checked back since I realized I didn't need the safety valve.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have changed the reference pointer on the wiki page. An updated version of the article Treatment of Positive Airway Pressure Treatment-Associated Respiratory Instability with Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS)  no longer refers to the 5913 part. It appears to have simplified to the flex tubing and Whisper swivel. I will update the wiki, and the new images are here. The CO2 sensor with the cord on the left is for testing purposes only and not intended for continuous use.

[Image: jcsm.6.6.529a.jpg]

[Image: jcsm.6.6.529b.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 05:06 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 03:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 02:39 PM)slowriter Wrote: Makes sense.

Actually, there's one thing I forgot, and forgot to mention to the OP:

The picture on the wiki page shows a 5913 connector to attach the safety valve to the tube. I wasn't able to figure out what that was, or how to find it, and never checked back since I realized I didn't need the safety valve.
Slowriter,
Why do you say you did not need the safety valve?  The only previous reference I recall discussing this, (and I don't know where it was) said something about needing this extra valve in the event of a power failure.  I didn't understand then and I don't understand now why a power failure would be anymore hazardous with the EERS than without.  Is there something I'm missing?
Sherwoga
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 09:15 PM)sherwoga Wrote: Why do you say you did not need the safety valve? 

Just because I wasn't using a full face mask.

Even if I was using a FFM, I'm not sure if I would personally worry about that part, but I'm no expert on all this, and YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
One other thing:

If you do use the safety valve, it's currently attached to a tube and elbow, as part of that kit.

I was assuming you'd cut off the valve and discard the rest, but I'm not really sure. I do think this (including whether to use it at all) would be good to detail on the wiki at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 558 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Looking for help in refining settings TBrobbs 57 1,576 5 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 858 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.