Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
(11-20-2019, 09:43 AM)sherwoga Wrote: Should I proceed to 13?
Current status:
  1. EPR - OFF
  2. Max Pressure - 14
  3. EERS - I followed SR's advice and requested sources/parts/fabrication information from previous EERS users. I got a terrific response from all three named users and have seen a lot of dialog regarding a new thread with more details on the EERS fabrication.  I am in the process of getting the equipment from Slowriter.  It will arrive today, probably late, maybe too late to get it ready for tonight, but am exited to get it into service.  And I plan to contribute to the EERS fabrication dialog as I get my act together.  

I guess you never got an answer to this.

The max pressure isn't really the most important setting here.

It's the min pressure and the EPR.

So if your last setting was 8 with EPR off, I would probably try EPR of 2 and min pressure of 10, WITH EEERS, and then see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help refining CPAP settings to control Obstructive Events and Central Events/Are Cent
Do you have a reason to lower pressure to 13? You have a need to add PS/EPR but we know that increases your centrals, IF you are comfortable with EPR=0 and pressure = 14 you do not NEED to use EERS. IF you are getting good sleep you are good. In other words, changes depend on how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
The idea that he likely needs EPR + EERS comes from this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2019, 08:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: Do you have a reason to lower pressure to 13?  You have a need to add PS/EPR but we know that increases your centrals, IF you are comfortable with EPR=0 and pressure = 14 you do not NEED to use EERS.  IF you are getting good sleep you are good.  In other words, changes depend on how you feel.

Bonjour, I do still feel very sleepy most of the day.  My numbers are great, but I'm interested in at least trying the EERS. 

Further, I hope to get feed back. especially yours, on the new thread I started on Fabrication of the EERS.  Let me know if I have misrepresented/misinformed/done disservice in any way with that thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing fine.  I will definitely support you in that endeavor, eventually making it a wiki article if you do not mind.  I would be remiss if I didn't point out that I didn't feel it was a necessity, especially since it is off book.  Stopping where you are at is entirely your choice.  If I see anything dangerous I will for sure let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 570 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Looking for help in refining settings TBrobbs 57 1,578 7 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.