Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help refining settings for longer sleep
Help refining settings for longer sleep
Hello all,

to start, my diagnosis last summer was OSA - Mild / pAHI=13.8 / pRDI 18.2 / O2 Nadir 91%.

I'm M/ 290/ 6'2". Working on losing weight. I sleep mainly on my right side, when I switch to my left I feel noticeably less able to breathe.

So the attached Oscar is my current settings, I only switched them to this after studying my last 3 months and attempting to narrow the pressure down. I would say I average between 0.5 - 2 AHI on other nights. I feel like this is an improvement but despite being able to sleep 7+ hours with it on in the past, I find myself unable to sleep the whole night again. 

My main problem last night is that at the end of the report around 6 AM, I turned on my left side and felt like I was unable to breathe. I took the mask off and felt like I could breathe fine out of my nose without it, but with it on, was not able to sleep further. I know I need to replace my aging mask but I'm wondering besides that. So I'm hoping someone can help me understand if anything can be changed to resolve this. I can attach more OSCAR data if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for help in refining settings TBrobbs 57 1,930 03-28-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 533 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 898 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 343 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,417 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.