Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift problems
ResMed Swift problems
I've had the Swift mask since starting Cpap 3 years ago.  I have not replaced any mask pieces yet and in reading this board I find that apparently masks and in particular, pillows, need to be replaced constantly.  I was not aware of that.

The mask's air tube fits into a metal "donut" that sits in the opening in the mask's front area.  Lately, the donut has just been popping out of that opening with only a slight pull on the hose, during sleep.  I can of course work the thing back into the opening but it is seemingly way to easy to just pop it out again.

I'm cleaning the mask regularly, and even wipe this hole out with alcohol, thinking maybe there's skin oil in there or some other substance making it more slippery.

Have others had this problem?  I haven't looked yet but suspect replacement parts are limited to the major components of the mask, or do you just buy a whole new mask every so often?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Swift problems
I just discovered this company and thought I'd mention it.  They have the best prices on equipment, free returns, etc.  And in-home diagnostics, too.  Sounds like they're sympathetic to bypassing how difficult the medical system tries to make things for us.  I like that. Link Removed, instead google the Lofta website.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 06:03 PM)Pizzafoundry Wrote: I haven't looked yet but suspect replacement parts are limited to the major components of the mask, or do you just buy a whole new mask every so often?

Generally, you just buy a whole new mask every so often, although it is possible to do it piece by piece.  Is it correct to assume that you are not covered by insurance for this stuff?  Because if you do have insurance and you've been getting your machine and masks from a DME, then the DME should have been giving you a new mask (of whatever kind you specify) at least a couple of times per year, along with various mask parts (pillows, headgear) and hoses and filters for the machine periodically, on schedules ranging from 30 days to 180 days (here's a summary in the "Dealing with Insurance and Medicare" wiki article).

The short tube for the Swift FX can be found by searching for, logically enough, "swift fx short tube", and I see one on Amazon for $25 including shipping.  (With some sellers, the images are misleading, showing the entire mask package.  But one description says "This product is the short tube with the elbow and swivel only.  It does not include the headgear, cushion, or softwraps.")  That short tube assembly includes the donut, judging by the photo. Or O-ring, or whatever it is.  However, that won't help if the problem is caused by wear & tear in the mask frame that the donut snaps into.  The frame may or may not be available ... from a quick search, I see one for the Swift FX Nano, but not for the Swift FX without the Nano.  Anyway it's $44, which is typically ridiculous for a $5 piece of plastic.  Mask parts are always too expensive. It's a racket.  So if it's the frame that's worn out, it makes sense to replace the entire mask for $75 or thereabouts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think after 3 years you've more than gotten your money's worth out of it.
Most insurance companies and Medicare pay for a new mask every 3 months and new headgear and hose every 6 months. For Nasal pillows like the P10, they cover replacement pillows either once or twice a month.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 11:24 PM)CB91710 Wrote: I think after 3 years you've more than gotten your money's worth out of it.

Yeah, that was my thought also. If the mask cost $100 to begin with, that's about 9¢ per night over 3 years. Sounds reasonable. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,842 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 998 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.